+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

British Columbia / Alberta / Ontario

sm9

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi fellow Community members,

I am a Human Resources professional (managerial level) with over 6 yrs relevant industry experience. I am working with a IT Company and have done full time MBA – HR. My husband is a Marketing (Marcom, Branding, Advertising) professional at Managerial level with a leading telecom company. He has got more than 6 yrs industry experience and has done MBA-Marketing. Our kid is in a playway right now.

We were planning for Canadian PR but Federal route got closed. One of our consultant told us about PNP route wherein she can help my husband get a job and then we can mover once he gets offer and apply for citizenship.
She told us to select any 2 provinces wherein she can market his resume and arrange interviews. She suggested British Columbia & Ablerta. We have our friends and relatives in Ontario.

Please suggest which 2 options out of British Columbia / Alberta / Ontario we should choose:
A) Wherein Marketing / Branding / Advertising jobs are available
B) Weather
C) Cost of living
D) Good schools
E ) Cost of accommodation
F) Friendly people and no racism
G) Any other input / suggestion

I also plan to take up HR job / some related course once we settle there.

Your early response will be highly appreciated as we need to get back to her with our options.

sm9

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
please help me figure out which is the better province to settle dowm??

ronaldoyaronaldo

Aug 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A) Wherein Marketing / Branding / Advertising jobs are available - Alberta
B) Weather - Ontario
C) Cost of living - Alberta
D) Good schools - Ontario
E ) Cost of accommodation - British Columbia
F) Friendly people and no racism - Alberta
G) Any other input / suggestion - I'd recommend Alberta

absolute_zer0o

Star Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPP
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
23 -03 -2012
Doc's Request.
05- 2012
Nomination.....
02 - 2012
AOR Received.
05 - 2012
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
n/a
Med's Request
05 - 2012
Med's Done....
05 - 2012
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
visa exempted
VISA ISSUED...
visa exempted
LANDED..........
31-08-2013
I have lived in Ontario and currently working in BC. Being a journalist and reading news everyday , i hope I can provide some suggestions.

A) Wherein Marketing / Branding / Advertising jobs are available - Ontario - while being the 'headquarter' of canada, ontario probably have most job related opportunities. however, keep in mind that means more competitive too. so research shows alberta probably have a higher average salary, depends are you focusing on CAREER or INCOME.

B) Weather - BC -, being the west coast of canada, next to the pacific ocean, BC is consider top 5 best places to live at weather wise, but its very rainy. unless you like extreme hot and extreme cold in Ontario

C) Cost of living - Alberta - it should be the cheapest. second should be Ontario.

D) Good schools - Ontario - U of T, Queens, Waterloo, McMaster they are in Ontario , UT is top canadian university according to Times higher education 2012. It might be far, but you don't want your kids travel half of the country to go to school right.

E ) Cost of accommodation - Alberta . - BC has one of the most expensive housing because a lot of investment immigrants come to BC and they are rich enough to get places just to rent them out. BALLERS

F) Friendly people and no racism - all three are relatively no racism because canada's multi-cutlurism. At least from where I have lived in Ontario and BC people in general are nice. seldom heard any serious racist bullying. in BC,there was Premier who are not white (indian) , a lot of politicians who are Asians and other race.

G) Any other input / suggestion

I think its also depends on your life-style.
Ask Questions like . Do you like crowd? Night Life? Weather? Big city or small city?
Living in Ontario or Alberta you probably spend more time at home (at least I did) ,because seems like you need to drive whenever you go out, its just a much bigger places, except toronto downtown areas. I remember driving 15 mins to the closest Wendy's to my place. And now i can WALK 10 mins to starbucks or get food.

In BC metro-vancouver, the transit system pretty well established in urban area , compare to other places in canada. if you live in the city you can probably 'survive' without a car. and even for further places ,such as surrey,langley. where living cost is cheaper. they are looking to build trains around the town. its just everything close to you , but its very 'asian' if you live at places in the lower mainland,especially vancouver or richmond. I have friends came here for years without really able to speak fluent English, just because they can speak Chinese everywhere.

Tax-wise, I think BC has one of the highest tax, and second highest in mini wages, as for metro-vancouver, its one of the highest living cost cities in Canada. It also hv carbon tax ...etc. both Ontario and BC have HST which is 12%. Alberta should be lower.

Oracle1

Jul 28, 2012
I am just a reader here but I must appreciate your response absolute_Zero0 because the details you have provided ias very clear and transparent like a comment of sending the children tho the half country far area. and certainly you have suggested that its just a Q of choice that if the person like a small city ot metro or may be crowded one or rainy...

you have shown your absolute ideas and let the reader choose his own option, its absolutely great.

Thanks for that...

sm9

Jul 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
A heart felt thanks to absolute_zer0o for sharing his personal experience and providing the thoughtful insights fr newcomers... i absolutely enjoyed reading ur comparisons of 3 provinces.. thanks a lot fr all ur help!!
Oracle1 is right in appreciating ur responses :)