+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bringing PARENTS to Canada either Temporary Resident of Super VISA

Jan 8, 2013
I am Canadian PR Holder. I am living here with my son. I want to invite my parents to canada either on Temporary resident of Super VISA. i have applied for their visa from New Delhi office. I got medical checkup invitation letter from Canadian High commision.But, My father is heart patient from last 4 years. Is, This will afffect to my father visa. Please suggest what i should have to do.It is very urgent for me to invite my parents.

Regards
Nishu

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you have to follow the process and see what happens. since you have to pay private insurance for your parents, which is expensive enough, i don't think CIC will give much of a hard time. but you won't know it till the medical is done.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
CIC is checking mainly for contagious diseases. So I don't think a heart condition will affect the app.

Supervisa requires minimum 1 year of private health insurance coverage. Many insurance policies will not cover any expenses related to pre-existing conditions, so may not cover anything to do with his heart. You need to check with insurance companies carefully. Keep in mind that any emergency hospital visits for your dad and any care he got while in Canada on TRV or supervisa, could quickly add up to tens-of-thousands of dollars.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Rob_TO said:
CIC is checking mainly for contagious diseases. So I don't think a heart condition will affect the app.

Supervisa requires minimum 1 year of private health insurance coverage. Many insurance policies will not cover any expenses related to pre-existing conditions, so may not cover anything to do with his heart. You need to check with insurance companies carefully. Keep in mind that any emergency hospital visits for your dad and any care he got while in Canada on TRV or supervisa, could quickly add up to tens-of-thousands of dollars.
Actually they also check for "diseases or conditions that may cause excessive demands on health or social services"

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
PMM said:
Hi

Actually they also check for "diseases or conditions that may cause excessive demands on health or social services"
As people in Canada on supervisa/TRV are not entitled to health or social services and will pay for any needs by private insurance or out-of-pocket, I assumed that the excessive demand clause is not enforced like it is for people applying for PR.

Is there an Operation Manual that CIC uses to process supervisa apps? I couldn't find one online. Would be interested to read actual processing guidelines.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi ( Parents Sponsorship )
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Rob_TO said:
As people in Canada on supervisa/TRV are not entitled to health or social services and will pay for any needs by private insurance or out-of-pocket, I assumed that the excessive demand clause is not enforced like it is for people applying for PR.

Is there an Operation Manual that CIC uses to process supervisa apps? I couldn't find one online. Would be interested to read actual processing guidelines.
Lot of folks use emergency, they can't refuse and at times work out a payment plan - friends wife's sister came to Canada and got Hepatitis - was in emeg, 4-5 days in hospital and was asked to pay 10K, they gave them few years to pay

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
user828 said:
Lot of folks use emergency, they can't refuse and at times work out a payment plan - friends wife's sister came to Canada and got Hepatitis - was in emeg, 4-5 days in hospital and was asked to pay 10K, they gave them few years to pay
Of course anyone can use an emergency room... my point is they aren't entitled to provincial healthcare.

Also when my wife went to an emergency room before she had OHIP (but have private insurance) the ER demanded an upfront payment of something like $900 just to even see a doctor. So if you don't have ability to pay, you will be refused service (probably depending on how urgent the situation is).

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Rob_TO said:
Of course anyone can use an emergency room... my point is they aren't entitled to provincial healthcare.

Also when my wife went to an emergency room before she had OHIP (but have private insurance) the ER demanded an upfront payment of something like $900 just to even see a doctor. So if you don't have ability to pay, you will be refused service (probably depending on how urgent the situation is).
I haven't come across this situation myself but I have known ppl who were on visit visa ( no insurance ) and had to be taken to emerg - they took them and did surgery, the close relative paid something upfront and was given option to pay the rest ( over 10K ) for few years

I assume PMM is suggesting that CIC wants to avoid these kind of situations, and as we know meds certainly are meant for diseases but also in scenario where CIC ask to buy mandatory insurance

For eg., my folks applied for regular visit visa, had to do meds and were issued visa whereas I have seen in similar situation they ask applicants to show proof of insurance and only then they will issue visa ( not supervisa )

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
user828 said:
I assume PMM is suggesting that CIC wants to avoid these kind of situations, and as we know meds certainly are meant for diseases but also in scenario where CIC ask to buy mandatory insurance

For eg., my folks applied for regular visit visa, had to do meds and were issued visa whereas I have seen in similar situation they ask applicants to show proof of insurance and only then they will issue visa ( not supervisa )
Ya that's why I was assuming for supervisa, since having min 1 year of medical insurance is a mandatory requirement, they should not be so strict on the excessive demand clause.

However as many private insurance policies may have specific clauses that they won't cover pre-existing conditions, I wonder if CIC actually analyzes the insurance you are getting to see if it is suitable and actually covers for the potential conditions that would lead to excessive demand. Supervisas are approved very quickly, so I imagine not. I've heard of people on supervisa being allowed to enter Canada with only a few months worth of insurance, so perhaps they don't enforce this rule very stongly.

user828

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
19-10-2017
AOR Received.
01-12-2017
Rob_TO said:
Ya that's why I was assuming for supervisa, since having min 1 year of medical insurance is a mandatory requirement, they should not be so strict on the excessive demand clause.

However as many private insurance policies may have specific clauses that they won't cover pre-existing conditions, I wonder if CIC actually analyzes the insurance you are getting to see if it is suitable and actually covers for the potential conditions that would lead to excessive demand. Supervisas are approved very quickly, so I imagine not. I've heard of people on supervisa being allowed to enter Canada with only a few months worth of insurance, so perhaps they don't enforce this rule very stongly.
Yes, that's true but a good agent has contacts with many companies and its laid out in the clause ( infact many South Asian ones blindly sell you anyways and when it comes to reimburse, they are refused ) The meds for regular visa is hit and miss - my folks went through it for visit visa then had to go through same stuff within 1 year for PR visa ( in Canada ) - insurance was our option but its always good to have it anyways
I actually feel its best to apply for regular visa and ten apply for 2 year ext for those who can satisfy supervisa requirements

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
Just wondering..
how long do i have to be a PR in order to sponsor my parents for a super visa?
i just landed (inland) PR, have NO condition on my copr. hubby is a citizen.
thanks

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
MaxLet said:
Just wondering..
how long do i have to be a PR in order to sponsor my parents for a super visa?
i just landed (inland) PR, have NO condition on my copr. hubby is a citizen.
thanks
As long as you/hubby can satisfy the requirements, time period doesn't matter.

Even easier chances if you're from one of Canada's favourite countries, like India, Phillipines, Mexico, etc