+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bringing new born to Canada

ManC

Aug 7, 2020
Hello All

I and my husband and PR holders , we came on vacation to India in March and got stucked here since then due to COVID.
My first kid is 3 year old Canadian born I am now 7 months pregnant , we are planning the delivery here for various reasons ( covid situation , family support etc)
My husband will travel this month to Canada. Now the question is how to bring our new born to Canada ?

if Visitor ( TRV) is applied , what are the chances of approval and how much time does it take?
if My husband sponsors PR , looks like the processing time is 11 months ( this is not feasible for us , since we may have to stay here more than a year from now) ?

what are our better chances ? Please help

Thanks
ManC

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why don't you wait and apply when the baby is ready to travel to Canada? Either get a TRP (for the baby) in India or one parent will have to apply the sponsorship from Canada.

ManC

Aug 7, 2020
Thank you . Yes we will apply when the baby is ready to travel . but the question is about which visa can be done fast ?
btw what is TRP is it different from visitor visa ? How long does it take to get this visa ?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would add that you need to contact CRA and advise them that you and your children will be out of Canada for quite some time for CCB purposes.

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Apply both, together if posisble.
Get the baby's indian documents sorted out first, then do for Canada as baby will need passport.

You may need to buy health insurance for your infant (since some cdn provinces have 3-month wait time for healthcare coverage).......check that for your province.