+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bringing household from US to Canada

oagady

Apr 22, 2011
We are landing Canada in three weeks, and we are going to ship our houshold from US to Canada with a shipping company (with a truck). The shipping company told us that we should contact the Revenue Agency and the Canada Customs with the details of our move. I tried to find any information on the Revenue Agency site and Canada Customs site who and how we should contact, but I can not find anything about that. This is the first time I've heard that I have to contact those agencies before the move. May be this is for the truck to cross the border?

Did anyone who was shipping household as a part of immigration, had to contact those agencies?

Thanks,

Olga

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

oagady said:
We are landing Canada in three weeks, and we are going to ship our houshold from US to Canada with a shipping company (with a truck). The shipping company told us that we should contact the Revenue Agency and the Canada Customs with the details of our move. I tried to find any information on the Revenue Agency site and Canada Customs site who and how we should contact, but I can not find anything about that. This is the first time I've heard that I have to contact those agencies before the move. May be this is for the truck to cross the border?

Did anyone who was shipping household as a part of immigration, had to contact those agencies?

Thanks,

Olga
No, you give the trucking company of copy of your B4 Goods to Follow list and they attach it to their manifest. You have your copy stamped by CBSA when you "land"

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you did not get your B4 stamped by CBSA when you "land", you can contact them at 1-800-461-9999.

BZ Mom

Mar 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09/10/2008
Nomination.....
06/01/2009
AOR Received.
19/08/2009
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Done....
28/12/2009
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01/03/2010
VISA ISSUED...
20/04/2010
LANDED..........
27/11/2010
oagady said:

Thanks,

Olga

Try ABF U-Pack. Their website is www.upack.com

oagady

Apr 22, 2011
Thanks everybody for your replies. It's good that at least this hussle we can avoid.

And we are acctually using U-Pack. Glad to hear that other people recommend it too.

egards
Olga