+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bringing Filipino BF

Macias

Sep 15, 2015
Hi! How are you guys? I’m new to the forum and I just wanted to say thank you for having great place to find useful info.

My boyfriend is inviting me to visit him in Canada before his birthday on Ocotber. He has been my boyfriend for 9 years. Honestly, our plan is to get married when I arrived there -:) I read a lot in this forum that inviting boyfriend/girlfriend is not an easy task. You have to show strong evidence and convince the visa officer that you have to return after the authorized stay. I have documents here but don’t know if these are strong.

There are some people here suggested not to mention in the invitation letter that he is my boyfriend but instead state as my family friend/close friend since we both guys. Is this not affect future application if he applies/sponsors me under Family Class Sponsorship?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Macias said:
Hi! How are you guys? I'm new to the forum and I just wanted to say thank you for having great place to find useful info.

My boyfriend is inviting me to visit him in Canada before his birthday on Ocotber. He has been my boyfriend for 9 years. Honestly, our plan is to get married when I arrived there -:) I read a lot in this forum that inviting boyfriend/girlfriend is not an easy task. You have to show strong evidence and convince the visa officer that you have to return after the authorized stay. I have documents here but don't know if these are strong.

There are some people here suggested not to mention in the invitation letter that he is my boyfriend but instead state as my family friend/close friend since we both guys. Is this not affect future application if he applies/sponsors me under Family Class Sponsorship?
Lying to CIC is never advised.

Yes it is not that easy to invite a special someone to Canada. Nonetheless the correct way to do this is to get your papers together and apply with them.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Macias said:
Hi! How are you guys? I'm new to the forum and I just wanted to say thank you for having great place to find useful info.

My boyfriend is inviting me to visit him in Canada before his birthday on Ocotber. He has been my boyfriend for 9 years. Honestly, our plan is to get married when I arrived there -:) I read a lot in this forum that inviting boyfriend/girlfriend is not an easy task. You have to show strong evidence and convince the visa officer that you have to return after the authorized stay. I have documents here but don't know if these are strong.

The 'best' evidence that you will return home after a 'short' visit is having a decent full time job. The reality is that for many countries with economies that are significantly poorer than Canada applicants with 'decent' jobs tend to be the very rich back home. If the total amount of money you will spend on the proposed trip is more than your monthly income by a huge factor or even is similar to several months wages back home then CIC already doubt you will ever go back. It seems your best option is to pursue the family class sponsorship route which has its own section in this forum with extensive details on the process and experiences of those who have taken that route to settle in Canada. Your gender is not a barrier and in fact Canada was one of the first countries to recognise same sex relationships for immigration purposes.

Good luck

Jessica123

Sep 17, 2015
Do you have any other relative or friend in Canada who can invite you. I have a friend who is in the same boat as you, and have been advised not to disclose the relationship or engagement to CIC at this stage. You can take a chance though, we all will learn from the outcome.

Good Luck!!

Macias

Sep 15, 2015
Jessica123 said:
Do you have any other relative or friend in Canada who can invite you. I have a friend who is in the same boat as you, and have been advised not to disclose the relationship or engagement to CIC at this stage. You can take a chance though, we all will learn from the outcome.

Good Luck!!
Yes, i have relative and friends living in Canada.

M

mikeymyke

It's a tough one. If you be truthful and mention that you plan to come to Canada to marry and apply inland, you're likely to be turned away because TRVs are only issued to people who plan to stay TEMPORARILY in Canada. Applying inland doesn't show an intent to stay temporarily, as these applicants are able to remain in Canada indefinitely until they get PR.

If you want to marry here, best to probably find a friend or relative to invite you, and not mention the boyfriend at all, because if you're refused and disclose you have a boyfriend, that information will stay in their records forever and can be used against you on your future TRV attempts. However, if you don't mention the bf and are questioned by the officers and you start to crack, then you could be turned away for lying about your intentions.

Honestly, since you guys have been dating for 9 years, it would seem like you guys have a genuine relationship with lots of evidence, its better for you to just simply get married in the Philippines and apply outland. Given your strong relationship background and the fast processing times for outland, you should be able to get PR here in about 4-6 months. Also, when you apply outland, you could always apply for a visitor visa afterwards to wait out the process like my wife and I did (see our signature and timeline)

Macias

Sep 15, 2015
mikeymyke said:
It's a tough one. If you be truthful and mention that you plan to come to Canada to marry and apply inland, you're likely to be turned away because TRVs are only issued to people who plan to stay TEMPORARILY in Canada. Applying inland doesn't show an intent to stay temporarily, as these applicants are able to remain in Canada indefinitely until they get PR.

If you want to marry here, best to probably find a friend or relative to invite you, and not mention the boyfriend at all, because if you're refused and disclose you have a boyfriend, that information will stay in their records forever and can be used against you on your future TRV attempts. However, if you don't mention the bf and are questioned by the officers and you start to crack, then you could be turned away for lying about your intentions.

Honestly, since you guys have been dating for 9 years, it would seem like you guys have a genuine relationship with lots of evidence, its better for you to just simply get married in the Philippines and apply outland. Given your strong relationship background and the fast processing times for outland, you should be able to get PR here in about 4-6 months. Also, when you apply outland, you could always apply for a visitor visa afterwards to wait out the process like my wife and I did (see our signature and timeline)
Hi Myke!
We thought that already that disclosing to CIC our plan to get married in Canada is a red flag. But, honestly I am not ready to stay there after the marriage because I have still so much to do/fix here in the Philippines like endorsing my business to my brother etc. Right now, we ask our friend to invite me on his behalf. May I ask your help please to give us a good letter of invitation as a friend. Thanks. Btw, I will send you private message.

charmsel

Nov 5, 2015
Hi. I'm Charm from Philippines. 24 years old. I have a bf in canada who is on his 1st year under live in caregiver program in canada. His employer is his aunt. I am planning to go to canada on march 2016 for only 3 weeks. And we are planning to get marry in canada. We've been together for 6 years. Please I need your help amd opinions.
Here are the str9ng reasons which I think can help me:
1. I am working in a tertiary government hospital as a staff nurse with a salary of 20k+ per month
2. I am an only child. And my mother was operated in the heart so I am looking after her
3. My bf's aunt is going to sponsor all my expenses including the ticket and will make an invitation letter stating that she's inviting me.as a thank u gift to her caregiver.
But the problems which I think are:
1. I have no travel history
2. I only habe 150,0000php in my bank account

Eight

Star Member
Jun 28, 2015
charmsel said:
Hi. I'm Charm from Philippines. 24 years old. I have a bf in canada who is on his 1st year under live in caregiver program in canada. His employer is his aunt. I am planning to go to canada on march 2016 for only 3 weeks. And we are planning to get marry in canada. We've been together for 6 years. Please I need your help amd opinions.
Here are the str9ng reasons which I think can help me:
1. I am working in a tertiary government hospital as a staff nurse with a salary of 20k+ per month
2. I am an only child. And my mother was operated in the heart so I am looking after her
3. My bf's aunt is going to sponsor all my expenses including the ticket and will make an invitation letter stating that she's inviting me.as a thank u gift to her caregiver.
But the problems which I think are:
1. I have no travel history
2. I only habe 150,0000php in my bank account
You need to show a strong ties to your home country to get a TRV.

charmsel

Nov 5, 2015
Hi, we have same situation. I am also from philippines. Is there any update on your application? My ties that I can only provide is my work. I am a nurse. And also I am an only child so i will be the only person that can look after my family. Do u think I have a chance? It's just only 3 weeks stay