+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bring my wife and step-daughter as visitors

Francisco000

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Hi, I am Canadian citizen, and I got married 2 years ago, my wife applied for Canada visitor visa 5 years ago when she was my fiancée and was denied because she didn't present the invitation letter I sent by mistake. But before in her previous marriage she applied for refugee visa 13 years ago from her country and was denied. I would like to bring them starting next year just before starting our sponsorship application. My questions are:
- Do you think my wife and my step-daughter could have any chance to apply for visitor visa again and get it if I send them an invitation letter and we are already married 2 years ago with my wife?
- If you think my wife could probably be denied again, do you think my step-daughter (she will be 16 years next year and she still will be studying her last year of high school in 2022) with the permission of her both parents could come to Canada for one month of vacations?

Thanks for your ideas, I really appreciate them.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi, I am Canadian citizen, and I got married 2 years ago, my wife applied for Canada visitor visa 5 years ago when she was my fiancée and was denied because she didn't present the invitation letter I sent by mistake. But before in her previous marriage she applied for refugee visa 13 years ago from her country and was denied. I would like to bring them starting next year just before starting our sponsorship application. My questions are:
- Do you think my wife and my step-daughter could have any chance to apply for visitor visa again and get it if I send them an invitation letter and we are already married 2 years ago with my wife?
- If you think my wife could probably be denied again, do you think my step-daughter (she will be 16 years next year and she still will be studying her last year of high school in 2022) with the permission of her both parents could come to Canada for one month of vacations?

Thanks for your ideas, I really appreciate them.
- Your wife's chances of being approved for a TRV are likely very low given the failed refugee claim, the refused TRV and the fact that she is married to a Canadian. She has strong ties to Canada and has previously demonstrated that she wants to remain in Canada long term. Having said that, she can certainly try. She will need to show evidence of strong ties to her home country. The invitation letter from you is fine but what's critical are her ties to her home country. She needs to make sure she declares all past refusals in her application (to all countries, not just Canada).
- It's hard to say. You can certainly try. If she has no previous travel to countries requiring visas (e.g. US, UK) then the chances of approval are probably in the low side.

Francisco000

Star Member
Aug 20, 2016
Have you applied for spousal sponsorship?
No, I haven´t applied yet, because my wife needs to update her Passport whose place of birth ( town ) by mistake is different from her Birth Certificate (Do you think we can apply for sponsorship and correct that during the process explaining it or it is better to correct that firstly?)

If you think my wife could be denied, my step-daughter who is 16 years old would have any chance to come for vacation one month next year in 2022 if I send an invitation letter? (She still need to study last year of high school next year)