+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging WorkPermit application without Invitation to Apply

Apr 9, 2020
Hi,
My permit will expire soon (April/20th). I have 458 points at EE.
Would you say there is a chance for the EE Draw to reach 458?
I am thinking to apply for a Bridging WP even though I don't qualify just to gain some time. Is there any chance will it get accepted (maybe exception due to COVID-19 and BC PNP have excluded my NOC at the latest draw)?

Jdunchik

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
Hi,
I am thinking to apply for a Bridging WP even though I don't qualify just to gain some time. Is there any chance will it get accepted (maybe exception due to COVID-19 and BC PNP have excluded my NOC at the latest draw)?
For applying for BOWP you must have letter "Acknowledgement of receipt" which you can get after receiving of invitation

Reactions: Loren27

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi,
There is no chance the BOWP will be accepted if you apply without ITA or a nomination. There is also unfortunately no chance Express Entry draws are going to reach 458 anytime in the near future. You should really be focusing on the PNP programs instead. Or try to increase your score to around 470.

If you apply for the BOWP without qualifying for one, your application is going to end up being refused and you will end up in Canada without status. You should also be aware that any work experience you gain after April 20th will be classified as work gained without authorization (since you don't qualify for a BOWP) and you won't be able to count this work experience towards PR.

Apr 9, 2020
There is no chance the BOWP will be accepted if you apply without ITA or a nomination. There is also unfortunately no chance Express Entry draws are going to reach 458 anytime in the near future. You should really be focusing on the PNP programs instead. Or try to increase your score to around 470.

If you apply for the BOWP without qualifying for one, your application is going to end up being refused and you will end up in Canada without status. You should also be aware that any work experience you gain after April 20th will be classified as work gained without authorization (since you don't qualify for a BOWP) and you won't be able to count this work experience towards PR.
Since BC have excluded my NOC of the Draw for the nomination; I was thinking to apply and then ask for an exception to give me more time in Canada. It would be a request due to situations with COVID-19.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Since BC have excluded my NOC of the Draw for the nomination; I was thinking to apply and then ask for an exception to give me more time in Canada. It would be a request due to situations with COVID-19.
Unless IRCC changes the rules and introduces an exception due to COVID, the BOWP is guaranteed to be refused. As of now, there are no exceptions in place.