+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging work permit

Gurpreet_kaur26

Star Member
Mar 19, 2018
Hi
I have applied for PR through express entry and my work permit is expired . I have also applied for bridging work permit so my question is can i work if bridging work permit is in processing or not . Because i have no idea how the process takes place . Can anyone tell me ?
Thanks

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
You're only eligible for a BOWP if you applied for it before your existing work permit expired. If so you are allowed to work while it's being processed.

If your work permit expired before you applied for PR, you can't work and need to restore your status as a visitor.

rajdsh07

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
I applied for BOWP and submit express entry file both at same time before pgwp expires.
If you remember could you please tell me whether your BOWP got approved before the completeness check? I'm just curious to know because I'm going to be in the same situation in a few months.

rajdsh07

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
Where do you check for the completeness? What’s the procedure to get it checked got completeness
When the Eligibility is set to Pass, consider that as a 'Completeness Check'. If you apply for BOWP it will be held until the R10 check in the GCMS is set to Ok.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/provincial-nominees-permanent-resident-applicants/bridging-open-work-permits.html

ReenaMistry

Aug 1, 2019
Thankyou so much for your reply. Do they send a confirmation letter that the eligibility is pass? Where to see the eligibility status?

rajdsh07

Star Member
Nov 30, 2020
Thankyou so much for your reply. Do they send a confirmation letter that the eligibility is pass? Where to see the eligibility status?
Even I'm doing some investigation on this part. Everyone is stating their own views on the forum, it's difficult to identify what is legit and what is fake.