+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging work permit refusal.

Ainp2pr

Feb 12, 2018
Hopefully this thread would help.
My pr file is in process; applied aipn under provincial nominee category (PNC). Meanwhile my pgwp expired on nov 24 2017. Before expiration i applied for my wrk permit extention on Nov 4th 2017 with my pr file number. But i made a mistake by paying $155 instead $255.
As of result i got my work permit REFUSAL on Jan 4th 2018 saying I paid incorrect fee. Letter stated my status got expired by jan 4th 2018; So i need to apply for restoration and work permit. Upon receiving my refusal letter i called cic and they told i need to apply for restoration and reapply for work permit with correct fee. This time I applied thru a lawyer on jan 11th 2018 and I paid in full $455 ( $200 restoration and $255 bridging open Work permit ).
Today on Feb 12th 2018 i received my refusal for second time reason for refusal my status got expired.

I have my restoration time untill april4th. And my pr file is at medicals stage. What are the possible ways to restore my status.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
My pr file is in process; applied aipn under provincial nominee category (PNC). Meanwhile my pgwp expired on nov 24 2017. Before expiration i applied for my wrk permit extention on Nov 4th 2017 with my pr file number. But i made a mistake by paying $155 instead $255.
As of result i got my work permit REFUSAL on Jan 4th 2018 saying I paid incorrect fee. Letter stated my status got expired by jan 4th 2018; So i need to apply for restoration and work permit. Upon receiving my refusal letter i called cic and they told i need to apply for restoration and reapply for work permit with correct fee. This time I applied thru a lawyer on jan 11th 2018 and I paid in full $455 ( $200 restoration and $255 bridging open Work permit ).
Today on Feb 12th 2018 i received my refusal for second time reason for refusal my status got expired.

I have my restoration time untill april4th. And my pr file is at medicals stage. What are the possible ways to restore my status.
As you don't have a valid work permit, you don't qualify for a BOWP. You need to apply for Restoration as a visitor.

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP

Does your PNP have employment restrictions?

Wonderland_1010

Champion Member
Aug 24, 2015
Regina, SK
Category........
PNP
No I don't have any restrictions
Well since you don't qualify for BOWP anymore, you will need to file for a closed permit. Have your employer submit a LMIA Exempt form along with the employer compliance payment of $230. You can then use receipt $230 and employment ID number which will be emailed once your employer submit the form to be included in your work permit application.

Note that under restoration, there is no definite timeline for processing. Could be 1 to 6 months

Reactions: Ainp2pr

Ainp2pr

Feb 12, 2018
Well since you don't qualify for BOWP anymore, you will need to file for a closed permit. Have your employer submit a LMIA Exempt form along with the employer compliance payment of $230. You can then use receipt $230 and employment ID number which will be emailed once your employer submit the form to be included in your work permit application.

Note that under restoration, there is no definite timeline for processing. Could be 1 to 6 months
Is this need to be done through employer portal...?!

Ainp2pr

Feb 12, 2018

Do i need to apply with the same employer or can i change to new employer.

Ainp2pr

Feb 12, 2018

UPDATED: I RECEIVED REQUEST TO SUBMIT MY MEDICALS FOR MY PR PROCESS THIS MORNING.

DO I STILL NEED TO APPLY FOR MY WORK PERMIT.