+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Visa question

mjw071284

Mar 21, 2015
Our open work permits are due to run out in June. I am applying for a bridging visa and my common law partner requires a medical as she works with children. We were thinking of applying without the medical results as the closest date we can get for a medical is May 5 and then when they request the results send them off then. I am wondering if this will lengthen the process as we have a vaction booked in July and we will not be able to go if we dont have out bridging visa by then

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
No, it will not lengthen the process, apply now without medicals. By the time they get to your application to process it the medicals will be there!

mjw071284 said:
Our open work permits are due to run out in June. I am applying for a bridging visa and my common law partner requires a medical as she works with children. We were thinking of applying without the medical results as the closest date we can get for a medical is May 5 and then when they request the results send them off then. I am wondering if this will lengthen the process as we have a vaction booked in July and we will not be able to go if we dont have out bridging visa by then

jmsy

Mar 30, 2015
Hi,

Iam working on a closed work permit(Intra-company transfer) and its valid till DEC 2015. I have a CEC PR application in progress with STAGE1 Approval (AOR#).

The question is : If my employer wants me to go back to my home country due to project unavailability, then there a way that I can apply for Bridge work permit? But for Bridging work permit , it states that my existing WORK Permit need to be expiring with next 4 months!!! which is not the case!!.
According to rule book , for me to apply BRIDGE i need to be in Canada until SEP 2015 which is not possible in current scenario.

Can i ask CIC and request them to issue a bridging work permit stating this reason and tell them that I want to remain in Canada and work with different employer !?
If I go back to home country then there is no concept of Bridging as it states that you need to be IN Canada for me to apply!. PLEASE ADVISE!!!.

Thanks in advance.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
1. Your employer cannot ask/demand and/or threaten to send you back - if they do that will be in violation of the TFW guidelines and they can be prosecuted and fined

2. You will be eligible to apply for a BOWP in August

3. However, you will find that you MAY BE eligible now, I would advise writing a good explanation letter and by the time your application is considered if you applied now you will be out by a month or two and CIC will most likely issue you a BOWP.

jmsy said:
Hi,

Iam working on a closed work permit(Intra-company transfer) and its valid till DEC 2015. I have a CEC PR application in progress with STAGE1 Approval (AOR#).

The question is : If my employer wants me to go back to my home country due to project unavailability, then there a way that I can apply for Bridge work permit? But for Bridging work permit , it states that my existing WORK Permit need to be expiring with next 4 months!!! which is not the case!!.
According to rule book , for me to apply BRIDGE i need to be in Canada until SEP 2015 which is not possible in current scenario.

Can i ask CIC and request them to issue a bridging work permit stating this reason and tell them that I want to remain in Canada and work with different employer !?
If I go back to home country then there is no concept of Bridging as it states that you need to be IN Canada for me to apply!. PLEASE ADVISE!!!.

Thanks in advance.

jmsy

Mar 30, 2015
Thanks a lot for your inputs Amisnic.

I agree that employer cannot force me to leave but , here is a situation where if I decide to stay back I would be left with an Intra-company transfer Visa which is only applicable for my current employer and I will not be able to work with any other. Hence staying back is not a good idea unless I get BridgingWork permit.

Q-1) if I do write a cover letter explaining the scenario to the VISA granting officer and submit for Bridge work permit will it anyway effect my IN-PROGRESS PR Application?
Q-2) Can I call up CIC helpline call center and explain the scenario to them and get their opinion?
Q-3) Is there any Govt mail or generic email from govt body for assisting ? Please provide me if you have any.

There seem to be plenty of services Canada Govt is offering like GCMS etc for case management and I would like to know if there is any govt body which responds to these specific queries.

Thanks you.