+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging visa processing close to or after you get PR

lilmisslynch

Nov 20, 2015
Hi all,

I have noticed a trend here on the forum and on other PR related facebook pages. It appears that CIC are processing bridging visas either right before or after people receive their permanent residency. It seems people who applied for bridging visas are getting them processed in as little as 10 days so CIC can keep their money. If this is the case, I think it needs to be brought to light and I would be interested in hearing from you if it has happened.

ts_toronto

Sep 10, 2014
lilmisslynch said:
Hi all,

I have noticed a trend here on the forum and on other PR related facebook pages. It appears that CIC are processing bridging visas either right before or after people receive their permanent residency. It seems people who applied for bridging visas are getting them processed in as little as 10 days so CIC can keep their money. If this is the case, I think it needs to be brought to light and I would be interested in hearing from you if it has happened.
I got my BOWP approved in less than 3 weeks, right the next day I landed as PR

Reactions: pls-answer

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
ts_toronto said:
I got my BOWP approved in less than 3 weeks, right the next day I landed as PR
Oops !

My BOWP wasn't processed for 2-3 months, as soon I got COPR I applied for withdrawal trhough Case Specific Enquiry.

After 1-2 more months BOWP withdrawal was effective, just waiting for refund.

So, I recommend to withdraw it as soon you get COPR, or if you have enough WP time available, and want to gamble just after PPR (I had plenty of time but I waited for COPR)

roberto_hongo

Star Member
Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
AOR Received.
13-01-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront on 30-07-2015
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
LANDED..........
23-05-2016
If this is actually a trend, would it be better to wait until close date to your current work permit expires and then apply?
I'm asking because my current work permit expires in end of July and I was thinking about applying for BOWP soon. I received RPRF request last week, and judging from what's been happening in the past few months, there is a good chance that the decision will be made before my work permit expires, but of course you never know. And if this is in fact a trend, I might as well wait until later to apply for BOWP.

lilmisslynch

Nov 20, 2015
We waited until the day before. No word on it yet but we got our RPRF last week. I will be so mad if they take money for a visa we had to get because they took so long and didn't even get the benefit of

roberto_hongo

Star Member
Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-09-2014
AOR Received.
13-01-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront on 30-07-2015
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2016
LANDED..........
23-05-2016
Yeah I guess I'll wait for day or week before mine expires. It's a dilemma really. We want to make a good use of the permit, but want to get our PR as soon as possible.

OhWow

Oct 17, 2015
Not always. Sometimes, CIC also initiates a withdrawal and full refund itself, as strange as that may sound.