+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging visa and implied status for citizenship application

haaaaris

Jan 5, 2017
Hello.
I am currently applying for citizenship and would like to know if anyone knows how I should tackle the citizenship application on both eligibility and employment.

I'm PR now but originally came to Canada under a 1 year IEC open work permit.

I applied for a second IEC work permit but had not received it by the time the first one ran out.

I applied for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) before it ran out, because as I understood it, my application for a second IEC visa did not benefit from implied status.

I stopped working when the first IEC visa ran out, stayed in Canada for the few days I was under implied status under my TRV application, and then flagpoled once I received my second IEC visa.

I then resumed working at the same workplace.

My application for the TRV was never processed and I ended up getting refunded.

Anyway, this has left me confused as to how I fill in the citizenship application.

What should I write for the period I was under implied status, as I never actually received a visa.

And under employment, what should I write during the period I stopped working: “On Leave” or something like that?

I looked over my PR application and I had written that I was employed during the the whole duration of the period described above, so I don't know if that is fine to do again, or whether that was just overlooked.

Thanks for any help