+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open WP -Pls Assist

Aniee

Jan 23, 2018
Hello guys,

I have PGWP and its about to expire in 4 months , I am currently working with IT company and I have applied for express entry under FSWP.
So far i have received acceptance letter email from IRCC (AOR) --stating "Congratulations! You have been accepted in the Express Entry pool of candidates."

1..I need help in understanding below fields response while applying for BOWP.
Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
Yes -- Pls suggest if it has to be yes/No?

2.. While filling IMM5710e form I am not sure which option need to be selected.
I am applying for one or more following.
i Apply work permit with same employer ii.Apply for work permit first time or new employer
iii.Restore my status as worker iv. Get a new temporary resident permit

Note : I have been working with single employer since i got my PGWP and intended to continue .

Please help me with above two queries.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello guys,

I have PGWP and its about to expire in 4 months , I am currently working with IT company and I have applied for express entry under FSWP.
So far i have received acceptance letter email from IRCC (AOR) --stating "Congratulations! You have been accepted in the Express Entry pool of candidates."

1..I need help in understanding below fields response while applying for BOWP.
Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?
Yes -- Pls suggest if it has to be yes/No?

2.. While filling IMM5710e form I am not sure which option need to be selected.
I am applying for one or more following.
i Apply work permit with same employer ii.Apply for work permit first time or new employer
iii.Restore my status as worker iv. Get a new temporary resident permit

Note : I have been working with single employer since i got my PGWP and intended to continue .

Please help me with above two queries.

Thanks in advance
Ananya
1. The answer is no. You do not qualify for a BOWP at this time. You will only qualify for a BOWP once you have been selected out of the Express Entry pool (received ITA) and have submitted your complete application.
2. See above. You don't qualify at this time.

Reactions: amndhln

amndhln

Feb 12, 2016
GUELPH
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
AOR Received.
29-01-2016
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
19-07-2016
LANDED..........
23-07-2016
You can’t apply BOWP until you get an ITA or Invitation to Apply, just being accepted in the pool doesn’t make you eligible

Reactions: scylla

Aniee

Jan 23, 2018
1. The answer is no. You do not qualify for a BOWP at this time. You will only qualify for a BOWP once you have been selected out of the Express Entry pool (received ITA) and have submitted your complete application.
2. See above. You don't qualify at this time.
But as per https://www.dalelessmann.com/news/blog/bridging-open-work-permit-applications-can-be-submitted-faster
Following the submission of the e-APR, IRCC will automatically generate an initial Acknowledgement of Receipt letter which simply confirms that the application has been received, and a file number created. It is no longer required that applicants wait until they receive a second Acknowledgement of Receipt letter from IRCC, which confirmed that a determination with regards to an R10 completeness check had been made.

What is R10 completeness check?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
But as per https://www.dalelessmann.com/news/blog/bridging-open-work-permit-applications-can-be-submitted-faster
Following the submission of the e-APR, IRCC will automatically generate an initial Acknowledgement of Receipt letter which simply confirms that the application has been received, and a file number created. It is no longer required that applicants wait until they receive a second Acknowledgement of Receipt letter from IRCC, which confirmed that a determination with regards to an R10 completeness check had been made.

You haven't received the initial Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR) letter and you haven't submitted your application. All you've done is entered the Express Entry pool. Again, you won't be able to submit yoru application and receive AOR until after you have received ITA (meaning you have enough points to be selected out of the pool and apply for PR). You do not qualify for a BOWP at this time.

I didn't read the website you provided - however it isn't an official government web site so it may have bad information or unclear information.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

e-APR is the submission of an actual PR app. You haven't submitted a PR app. As said above, you have simply entered the pool. Note that you need a CRS of around 470+ to get an ITA right now.