+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BRIDGING OPEN WORK PERMIT

mailliWA

Feb 4, 2019
Hello everyone!

My wife is under study permit which will end on February 2020 and I am under "spouse" open work permit but my visa will expire on October 2019. I applied for PR (AOR July 5th) under CEC stream and I am currently working in Vancouver. With my visa expiring soon, I am planning to apply for BOWP while waiting for the result of my PR application.

As i was answering questions to determine my eligibility for BOWP, i got stuck with the question below:

1.) Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who:
*Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;
*Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;
*Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;
*Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval)
*Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable.

I answered YES because my wife currently holds a study permit.

Is my answer correct? Or should I answer NO because if I answer NO, the following questions below appears which was not there when i answered YES:

(I think these questions are essential if you are applying for BOWP. I'm afraid if i will answer YES, the extension that will be given to me is until Feb. 2020 only which is the same as my wife's study permit validity.)

>Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?

>Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?

I am hoping someone can help me with this question.

Thanks!!

mikrokosmos

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Hello everyone!

My wife is under study permit which will end on February 2020 and I am under "spouse" open work permit but my visa will expire on October 2019. I applied for PR (AOR July 5th) under CEC stream and I am currently working in Vancouver. With my visa expiring soon, I am planning to apply for BOWP while waiting for the result of my PR application.

As i was answering questions to determine my eligibility for BOWP, i got stuck with the question below:

1.) Are you a spouse, common-law partner or dependent child of a person who:
*Holds a Work Permit for a job in National Occupation Classification O, A, B;
*Holds a study permit and is a full-time student at a university, community college, CÉGEP or other authorized educational institution;
*Holds a Temporary Resident Permit that is valid for six months or more;
*Applied for Permanent Residence to an office in Canada and was determined to be eligible for Permanent Resident status (first stage approval)
*Is subject of a removal order that is unenforceable.

I answered YES because my wife currently holds a study permit.

Is my answer correct? Or should I answer NO because if I answer NO, the following questions below appears which was not there when i answered YES:

(I think these questions are essential if you are applying for BOWP. I'm afraid if i will answer YES, the extension that will be given to me is until Feb. 2020 only which is the same as my wife's study permit validity.)

>Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?

>Have you submitted a permanent resident application in Canada?

I am hoping someone can help me with this question.

Thanks!!
Hi! How his has worked for you? I have similar situation. Hope you could help me. Thank you!