+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging open work permit

s_pisces

Dec 30, 2009
Hey everyone!
My boyfriend applied for his PR under the Canadian experience class. His application is still bring processed. He has also sent in an application foe extension on his pgwp as it was issued for 2 years instead of 3 due to his earlier passport expiry.

His current work permit is about to expire and he is still waiting to hear back re: PR and work permit extension.

My question is can he also apply for bridging open work permit? While waiting to hear back re: pgwp extension? Or is that too many work permit applications at once? Just wanna make sure he doesn't lose his legal status and is still able to work while waiting.

Lomez

Jun 21, 2018
Hi community members,
unfortunately I don't have the answer for s_pisces, but I didn't want to open a new thread, because I have a similar question.

I have applied for PR and it is in progress. My current work permit, which is linked to a profession and an employer is going to expire in November.
I could now apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit or ask my employer to extend the current work permit. Which is considered to be the fastest way? And could I apply for both? Bridging Open Work Permit, and work permit extension by employer?

Are there any options to leave the country while on status implied?

Thank in advance.