+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridging Open Work Permit

prawin_pv

May 20, 2013
Recently I came across a new WP type provided by CIC that they term as bridging open WP.
Currently I am on LMO WP and I have recently submitted my PR application under CEC category. My current LMO based WP is valid till mid next year, however if I want to change my employer sometime in between, I'll need a new work permit. In that case can I apply for an open work permit under the bridging open work permit scheme. This is a situation where in my current WP will still be valid for more than 4 months but if I plan to change my employer, then I believe My status will change/expire. Can someone comment how this works out.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

prawin_pv said:
Recently I came across a new WP type provided by CIC that they term as bridging open WP.
Currently I am on LMO WP and I have recently submitted my PR application under CEC category. My current LMO based WP is valid till mid next year, however if I want to change my employer sometime in between, I'll need a new work permit. In that case can I apply for an open work permit under the bridging open work permit scheme. This is a situation where in my current WP will still be valid for more than 4 months but if I plan to change my employer, then I believe My status will change/expire. Can someone comment how this works out.
Nope, you can only apply for a BOWP if your permit is valid for 4 months or less.

rkk938

Jul 31, 2013
To Kozmoj or whomsoever: Re- Bridging Open Work Permit and employers details

Hello, Can Mr Kozmoj or someone help me out regarding Bridging open work permit with employers details?

I am on my Post Graduate work permit. I have got the positive determination for my PR application with arranged employment in Canada. My PGWP is getting expired after a month and I want to apply for Bridging open work permit. My question is, in the application form, they have asked several questions, for which I am confused. Questions are:

- Question no 3: I am applying for one or more of the following: which one to choose?
- a work permit with the same employer
- a work permit with the new employer
- initial temporary resident permit or extension of temporary resident permit.

-Question for Intended work in Canada: Do we need to fill in for Employers details for Question 2-7?

Kindly someone or Mr Kozmoj, help me out as its very urgent.

Thank you.

Bbgg

Oct 3, 2014
Hi,
I am confused with changes in the TFW rules and processing times.
Can you please help me... I have applied in the AINP and got my nomination certificate
that expires on Dec. 2, 2014. I submitted my PR application to the CIO
in Nova Scotia on August 21, 2014 and have not receive any correspondents
from CIC. My work permit expires on Jan 22, 2015.. Can i apply now for an open bridging
Permit coz it is 4 months before the expiry date of my WP using my nomination
certificate since i have not receive a file number from CIC yet..

Thanks and i appreciate your help!!!

mcastillo

Feb 23, 2015
Hi,

My partner wants to apply for his bridging work permit and meets all the requirements. Right now he is with an LMO set to expire on June 2015.

When we click on "Change status or extend my stay in Canada" on the CIC website, it is asking us for a ticket or travel itinerary. However we do not have one since we are applying for the PR and received the invitation to apply last week.

What should we upload on the airline ticket field?

Thank you

akhiljose

Mar 2, 2015
Hi, every one. i would like to know how can i apply for bridging open work permit. I had 3 year open work permit and it is expires on august. My wife is here with an open work permit too. We got our MPNP and we completed our Medicals on October. I want to know how can we extend our work permits? I heard we need to apply for the new one 4 month prior to the expiration of the current one we have. Please let us know?
Thank you

prentiss18

Star Member
Feb 27, 2015
mcastillo said:
Hi,

My partner wants to apply for his bridging work permit and meets all the requirements. Right now he is with an LMO set to expire on June 2015.

When we click on "Change status or extend my stay in Canada" on the CIC website, it is asking us for a ticket or travel itinerary. However we do not have one since we are applying for the PR and received the invitation to apply last week.

What should we upload on the airline ticket field?

Thank you

i phoned cic and they said that its because of the new system thats why they got that itinerary thing in there which is suppose to be required only if youre applying for visitors visa..the cic said just put explanation letter stating youre not required to submit that one. they said theyre still working on that system now.