+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridge Work Permit

Sep 11, 2019
Hello Team,

I got the rejection for my Express Entry - CEC this week. The rejection Letter says my duties doesn't match with the NOC category. I applied under 6235 while working at CIBC bank as I was working as Mortgage Processing Officer.

I got the promotion and now my NOC has changed. I am now senior investigation officer at CIBC bank. The problem is that I am working under Bridge Work permit. Will I able to use my experience legally under bridge work permit to apply for EE- CEC next year. Like when I complete my one year. Please advise.

Thanks
Samir

huzm

Star Member
Jul 4, 2018
Why not? Inland work experience has nothing to do which types of work permit that you are holding.

a16107

Apr 14, 2016
Hello Team,

I got the rejection for my Express Entry - CEC this week. The rejection Letter says my duties doesn't match with the NOC category. I applied under 6235 while working at CIBC bank as I was working as Mortgage Processing Officer.

I got the promotion and now my NOC has changed. I am now senior investigation officer at CIBC bank. The problem is that I am working under Bridge Work permit. Will I able to use my experience legally under bridge work permit to apply for EE- CEC next year. Like when I complete my one year. Please advise.

Thanks
Samir
Can I know when is your AOR?

Yes, you can.

Sep 11, 2019
Can I know when is your AOR?

Yes, you can.
Thanks for your concern. I will work on bridge permit then apply based on new NOC category as I got promotion at CIBC. Now I am performing the role of Senior Investigation Officer role.

Not Sure what is AOR. I submitted by file on Feb 1 2019. I applied for Bridge Work Permit on Feb 6, 2019. I got the bridge work permit on May 14, 2020. The rejection letter is dated Sep. 6 2019.

Thank you,
Samir

mkaty

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Thanks for your concern. I will work on bridge permit then apply based on new NOC category as I got promotion at CIBC. Now I am performing the role of Senior Investigation Officer role.

Not Sure what is AOR. I submitted by file on Feb 1 2019. I applied for Bridge Work Permit on Feb 6, 2019. I got the bridge work permit on May 14, 2020. The rejection letter is dated Sep. 6 2019.

Thank you,
Samir
Which NOC are you going to use for 'Senior Investigation Officer' role?

Muhammadkalo

Sep 17, 2019
Which NOC are you going to use for 'Senior Investigation Officer' role?
Hello Team,

Thanks for your concern in this regard. Can you please guide which direction I should look for to search the category which best suits to my role. There are so many categories in the NOC document. Can you tell me the closest one which would match to my occupation.
Employer: CIBC
Role: Senior Investigation Officer
Duties:
- Part of the funding Team which assist in gathering all the documents such as letter of direction, requisition for funds from Solicitor, Mortgage Advisor, FSR in Branch for the CIBC home power plan
-Fulfilling the Rush document and Rush Funding requests from solicitors and branch representative.
-Work on various funding conditions
-Processing reversal once the deal is funded upon the request from branch or solicitor
-Working on reconfigure error message
-Working on last minute difficult escalations from solicitor and mortgage advisors.
-Making sure that funding team get all the documents prior to cut off funding time so that deal is funded on its date.

Please advise which category in the NOC is closest one.

Let me know if additional details are required.

Thanks

mkaty

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Hello Team,

Thanks for your concern in this regard. Can you please guide which direction I should look for to search the category which best suits to my role. There are so many categories in the NOC document. Can you tell me the closest one which would match to my occupation.
Employer: CIBC
Role: Senior Investigation Officer
Duties:
- Part of the funding Team which assist in gathering all the documents such as letter of direction, requisition for funds from Solicitor, Mortgage Advisor, FSR in Branch for the CIBC home power plan
-Fulfilling the Rush document and Rush Funding requests from solicitors and branch representative.
-Work on various funding conditions
-Processing reversal once the deal is funded upon the request from branch or solicitor
-Working on reconfigure error message
-Working on last minute difficult escalations from solicitor and mortgage advisors.
-Making sure that funding team get all the documents prior to cut off funding time so that deal is funded on its date.

Please advise which category in the NOC is closest one.

Let me know if additional details are required.

Thanks
You may look at 1114 which is a generic NOC for other financial officers not covered elsewhere..

Reactions: Muhammadkalo

Muhammadkalo

Sep 17, 2019
You may look at 1114 which is a generic NOC for other financial officers not covered elsewhere..
Ok then I will apply on NOC 1114. Thanks. I just have a concern regarding the salary. I am making around $39,400/ year. Is it a sufficient salary for NOC A category. Please advise

Thanks

Muhammadkalo

Sep 17, 2019
Hello,

I have received the rejection letter for EE - CEC on Sep. 6 - 2019. I am currently on bridge work permit which is expiring on May 14, 2020.

I am planning to travel to back home from Oct 10th - 27th. I have a valid TRV on my passport which expires on March 20, 2020.

Can I travel and come back to Canada? Can the Border authority stop me by entering Canada since my PR is rejected. My UCI number is same on the TRV, Work Permit and Express Entry CEC profile. At the airport when they will enter UCI number it will say that Express Entry application denied.

Please advise so that I can make the travel arrangements accordingly.

What if border service agent says that why you want to enter Canada since your since your express entry is denied. What should I reply to him.

Thank you,

mkaty

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Ok then I will apply on NOC 1114. Thanks. I just have a concern regarding the salary. I am making around $39,400/ year. Is it a sufficient salary for NOC A category. Please advise

Thanks
I am not sure if that will work or not as I am making about the same money and still waiting for the response on my application.

mkaty

Star Member
Jul 3, 2019
Hello,

I have received the rejection letter for EE - CEC on Sep. 6 - 2019. I am currently on bridge work permit which is expiring on May 14, 2020.

I am planning to travel to back home from Oct 10th - 27th. I have a valid TRV on my passport which expires on March 20, 2020.

Can I travel and come back to Canada? Can the Border authority stop me by entering Canada since my PR is rejected. My UCI number is same on the TRV, Work Permit and Express Entry CEC profile. At the airport when they will enter UCI number it will say that Express Entry application denied.

Please advise so that I can make the travel arrangements accordingly.

What if border service agent says that why you want to enter Canada since your since your express entry is denied. What should I reply to him.

Thank you,
When did you apply for PR, I mean your AOR and at what stage did you apply for TRV as I am planning to apply for it as still awaiting response on my PR? How long did the TRV application take?