+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridge work permit for spouse

ag141141

May 23, 2015
Hi there,

Me and my wife are both on PGWP.

Her PGWP expires in July and mine in August. We have a CEC PR application in process on which I am the principal applicant. Due to COVID I think it will be another 3-4 months until that application process finishes so we would need to get BOWP.

My passport has gone for renewal and since BLS processing is slow too, I think my new passport will come back by June end.

Now I heard that I can apply for BOWP both for myself and my wife together and once applied we can continue our jobs on implied status.

Following are my questions:

1. Is it possible that I apply BOWP for my wife now itself, and later when I get my passport, I will apply for myself ?
2. Would it be better to just wait for my passport and apply together ?

Your help is much appreciated, as always.

Thanks!

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Hi there,

Me and my wife are both on PGWP.

Her PGWP expires in July and mine in August. We have a CEC PR application in process on which I am the principal applicant. Due to COVID I think it will be another 3-4 months until that application process finishes so we would need to get BOWP.

My passport has gone for renewal and since BLS processing is slow too, I think my new passport will come back by June end.

Now I heard that I can apply for BOWP both for myself and my wife together and once applied we can continue our jobs on implied status.

Following are my questions:

1. Is it possible that I apply BOWP for my wife now itself, and later when I get my passport, I will apply for myself ?
2. Would it be better to just wait for my passport and apply together ?

Your help is much appreciated, as always.

Thanks!
As far as I am concerned, BOWP are only for the main applicants of existing PR applications.

I am not entirely sure but some food for thoughts....

Also, I would suggest applying very close to the expiration date of the PGWP (i.e the week right before) since you will earn implied status immediately so there is really no point to do this way in advance.

ag141141

May 23, 2015
As far as I am concerned, BOWP are only for the main applicants of existing PR applications.

I am not entirely sure but some food for thoughts....

Also, I would suggest applying very close to the expiration date of the PGWP (i.e the week right before) since you will earn implied status immediately so there is really no point to do this way in advance.
Thank you, that was very helpful. You are right, only PA can start the application of BOWP. One more question I have is, once I apply for BOWP for me and my wife, do we both get implied status ?

Wolfpmd3

Champion Member
Apr 26, 2015
Canada
NOC Code......
Thank you, that was very helpful. You are right, only PA can start the application of BOWP. One more question I have is, once I apply for BOWP for me and my wife, do we both get implied status ?
As soon as you apply you gain implied status until a decision is made.