+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridge Permit - did anyone applied to the Bridge permit under the EE?

alfredo_245

Feb 8, 2015
Can someone please confirm if they got AOR and were able to apply to the Bridge Permit (under the Express Entry - after Jan 1st 2015)? If so, please provide details on the process (i.e. dates)

I was under the impression that in order to be able to apply to the Bridge Permit you need AOR (Acknowledgment of Receipt).

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

alfredo_245 said:
Can someone please confirm if they got AOR and were able to apply to the Bridge Permit (under the Express Entry - after Jan 1st 2015)? If so, please provide details on the process (i.e. dates)

I was under the impression that in order to be able to apply to the Bridge Permit you need AOR (Acknowledgment of Receipt).
No, you need the Positive Eligibility Review before you can apply for BOWP.

alfredo_245

Feb 8, 2015
Hi PMM,

Thanks for your reply. Do you know if anyone has gotten a Positive Eligibility Review so far? I have been trying to look on this blog if anyone has gotten this and applied to the bridge permit to get some extra details...

I just got ITA. I am just getting some final documents and I will apply for PR as soon as possible. My current work permit expires in Aug.10th (Post-Graduate Work Permit). I am just concern about timing. Do you know how long it takes to get the Positive Eligibility Review? And is the Bridge Permit application done online under express entry or under the old paper based application?

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alfredo_245 said:
Hi PMM,

Thanks for your reply. Do you know if anyone has gotten a Positive Eligibility Review so far? I have been trying to look on this blog if anyone has gotten this and applied to the bridge permit to get some extra details...

I just got ITA. I am just getting some final documents and I will apply for PR as soon as possible. My current work permit expires in Aug.10th (Post-Graduate Work Permit). I am just concern about timing. Do you know how long it takes to get the Positive Eligibility Review? And is the Bridge Permit application done online under express entry or under the old paper based application?
call CIC call center and share your answer here....

fat_penguin

Star Member
Dec 5, 2014
As per below, for CEC/PNP applications, the AOR email seems to be enough. For Federal Skilled Worker, you need the positive eligibility assessment.

Although there is some confusion as to where the automated AOR email originates from. Some people on this forum claims that that email comes from CIC and not CIO (Ottawa), and thus, cannot by itself be sufficient for BWOP.

( http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp )
For the purposes of determining if a positive eligibility assessment has been made, the processor will review if the Eligibility Assessment value is set to “Passed” in the Global Case Management System (GCMS). If this decision has not been entered yet, for the purposes of these instructions, a “positive eligibility assessment” will also be considered made when the following is confirmed in GCMS:

-For FSWP applications, the status of the Ministerial Instructions activity has been set to “Met” or a positive Final Determination of Eligibility letter or e-mail has been sent.
-For PNP applications, the status of the Eligibility EC-QC/PNP activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgment of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the Centralized Intake Office (CIO).
-For CEC applications, the status of the Eligibility CEC activity has been set to “Passed” or the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the CIO.
-For FSTP applications, the Acknowledgement of Receipt letter or e-mail has been sent by the CIO.