+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridge open work permit / Work permit extension delay HELP

jigarjoshi42

Dec 2, 2017
Hello Guys,

I have applied for Bridge Open Work permit on October 22nd. In "Check Processing Time" section, It is showing a normal processing time of 69 days and CIC officers are working on the file submitted from 21st October 2018. The information was updated on December 30th. It means my application is more than 13 days late today.
Anyone has recommendation to take any steps to speed up the processing time?
Also, everyone is experiencing delay during these days (because of holiday) or I am the specific?

Thank you in advance.

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
I have many friends who have past processing times. They are still waiting. If you still want then you can submit a webform and request them to process faster. Otherwise I think you are still within processing times.

jigarjoshi42

Dec 2, 2017
I have many friends who have past processing times. They are still waiting. If you still want then you can submit a webform and request them to process faster. Otherwise I think you are still within processing times.
I had generated a webform and explained an urgency. I have not been responded.
Let's Wait. Will post here when I will get the positive response from CIC.
Thank you Aneep.

Aneep Kumar

Mar 14, 2018
Ottawa
They take 48-72 hours to respond to a webform. If they think you are within processing time then they will not respond you. And current processing time is 76 days. So no need to worry.