+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridge Open work permit Difficult question...

javier500

Apr 11, 2016
Hi team,
My wife is under study permit (college ends May 2019) and I am under "spouse" open work permit. Our visas expire within the next 4 months. I applied for PR (AOR July 10th) under CEC stream and I am working currently in Toronto and same position when I applied for my PR. Still waiting for the final decision but I got my notes and the eligibility is PASSED.

Do you think that I can ask for a bridge open work permit for me and my wife? If yes... Will they give us two bridge open work permits?

I have checked all the requisites in the website and I meet everything.

Thanks!!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/provincial-nominees-permanent-resident-applicants/bridging-open-work-permits.html

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi team,
My wife is under study permit (college ends May 2019) and I am under "spouse" open work permit. Our visas expire within the next 4 months. I applied for PR (AOR July 10th) under CEC stream and I am working currently in Toronto and same position when I applied for my PR. Still waiting for the final decision but I got my notes and the eligibility is PASSED.

Do you think that I can ask for a bridge open work permit for me and my wife? If yes... Will they give us two bridge open work permits?

I have checked all the requisites in the website and I meet everything.

Thanks!!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/provincial-nominees-permanent-resident-applicants/bridging-open-work-permits.html
Hi

Not difficult. You can apply. Note that your wife cannot continue studying after the work permit is approved and will not be able to finish her program.

Reactions: javier500

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi team,
My wife is under study permit (college ends May 2019) and I am under "spouse" open work permit. Our visas expire within the next 4 months.
Do you mean your TRVs? (TRVs are just a travel document - you would need to renew those only if you plan to travel).
Or do you mean the study permit / open work permit? Because if your wife's study permit expires before she finishes, she needs to renew her study permit.

I applied for PR (AOR July 10th) under CEC stream and I am working currently in Toronto and same position when I applied for my PR. Still waiting for the final decision but I got my notes and the eligibility is PASSED.

Only the Principal Applicant (you) is eligible for a BOWP. Yes, you can apply if you are within 4 months of the expiry of your current work permit (not the TRV).

Your wife would be eligible for a spouse open work permit based on your BOWP; you can submit both applications together. But don't do this if she has to renew her study permit... As well, when she finishes her program, she is likely eligible for a Post-graduate Work Permit (PGWP), also an open work permit.

Reactions: javier500

javier500

Apr 11, 2016
Hi

Not difficult. You can apply. Note that your wife cannot continue studying after the work permit is approved and will not be able to finish her program.
Thanks for your answer! My wife really wants to work, not to study. She is studying right now but if she could get a work permit, she would quit her postgraduate and try to find a job.

javier500

Apr 11, 2016
Thanks for your answer!
I mean study permit/open work permit. My wife has a study permit and I have an open work permit because of her study permit.

Since I applied for PR (AOR 10th July), our idea is to NOT ask for a other study permit for her. Our idea is to ask for a BOWP for me (and her). Do you think that we can have any problem if I ask for a BOWP for me and her instead a renovation of her study permit?

Thanks!!

javier500

Apr 11, 2016
Thanks for your answer!
I mean study permit/open work permit. My wife has a study permit and I have an open work permit because of her study permit.

Since I applied for PR (AOR 10th July), our idea is to NOT ask for a other study permit for her. Our idea is to ask for a BOWP for me (and her). Do you think that we can have any problem if I ask for a BOWP for me and her instead a renovation of her study permit?

Thanks!!