+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bridge Open Work Permit (BOWP) after getting & submitting EE invitation

HDcanada

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
Hi All,

I need a suggestion/advice on my concern regarding " can I apply for BOWP after getting an EE invitation and after submitting my EE documents ? (I'd asked a similar question earlier but this time it's more recent info n kind of separate concern)

Currently, I'm on a dependent open work permit based on my wife's student visa. We got the invitation to apply for a PR. We are planning to submit all our documents in next 1 month. I'm the primary applicant on our PR EE profile. I have heard that as soon as we submit the PR EE documents, gets an automated email from CIC in case some one want to apply for a bridge work permit.

My question is: Am I eligible to apply for BOWP after submitting our PR EE documents? ( One of lawyer I had met he said, not possible for me to apply for BOWP because I'm on my wife's dependent)

Any help would be great.

Thanks all !!

Reactions: jessy87

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi All,

I need a suggestion/advice on my concern regarding " can I apply for BOWP after getting an EE invitation and after submitting my EE documents ? (I'd asked a similar question earlier but this time it's more recent info n kind of separate concern)

Currently, I'm on a dependent open work permit based on my wife's student visa. We got the invitation to apply for a PR. We are planning to submit all our documents in next 1 month. I'm the primary applicant on our PR EE profile. I have heard that as soon as we submit the PR EE documents, gets an automated email from CIC in case some one want to apply for a bridge work permit.

My question is: Am I eligible to apply for BOWP after submitting our PR EE documents? ( One of lawyer I had met he said, not possible for me to apply for BOWP because I'm on my wife's dependent)
As long as you are the principal applicant on the PR application (and meet the other requirements, like having a current work permit that is due to expire within the next 4 months), then you are eligible to apply for the BOWP.

Reactions: HDcanada

HDcanada

Star Member
Nov 12, 2015
As long as you are the principal applicant on the PR application (and meet the other requirements, like having a current work permit that is due to expire within the next 4 months), then you are eligible to apply for the BOWP.
Thanks a lot for your feedback.

RaviSoni

Oct 4, 2018
you are only eligible to apply for BOWP only if you have got invitation for EE. My W/P is expiring next month. and I am planning to apply for BOWP by this week.