+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BRIDGE COUNTRY TRAVEL TO CANADA - 14 DAYS OR 72 HRS

harrygill2308

Feb 4, 2019
Hi Guys.. My parents ( from India-fully vaccinated) would like to visit me. I am a Citizen of Canada. They are eligible to travel to canada according to family reunification process. With the new travel advisory it states that they can come visit me via a third country where they have to get a PCR done within last 72 hours and MIGHT have to stay in that third country for 14 days. The word might means there are some exceptions to the rule. Does anyone know if they can visit me. They already have their visa so that's not an issue. Has anyone parents recently travelled from India on tourist visa. Quarantine is not an issue with us, as I would rather have them quarantine here rather than in a third country. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Guys.. My parents ( from India-fully vaccinated) would like to visit me. I am a Citizen of Canada. They are eligible to travel to canada according to family reunification process. With the new travel advisory it states that they can come visit me via a third country where they have to get a PCR done within last 72 hours and MIGHT have to stay in that third country for 14 days. The word might means there are some exceptions to the rule. Does anyone know if they can visit me. They already have their visa so that's not an issue. Has anyone parents recently travelled from India on tourist visa. Quarantine is not an issue with us, as I would rather have them quarantine here rather than in a third country. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.
Whether or not they have to quarantine in the 3rd country depends on where they fly through, if that country has PCR testing facilities within their international transit area, and what that country's quarantine rules are at this time.

It's not as much about Canada's rules. It's more about the rules of the country they transit through and where their PCR facilities are.

harrygill2308

Feb 4, 2019
Whether or not they have to quarantine in the 3rd country depends on where they fly through, if that country has PCR testing facilities within their international transit area, and what that country's quarantine rules are at this time.

It's not as much about Canada's rules. It's more about the rules of the country they transit through and where their PCR facilities are.
Thanks for answering that. Well in that case they are coming through Mexico and there are no restrictions in Mexico with testing requirements available all around at the airport as well at the resorts. I was hoping they stay there for 2-3 days to relax then get a new PCR test. My only concern is that they will be travelling on a visitor visa and they are coming on family reunification criteria, so are the travelling requirements ( like for eg US wants you to stay for 15 days outside the banned flight list countries) same for all visa types ? Is there any source for more info apart from travel.gc.ca ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for answering that. Well in that case they are coming through Mexico and there are no restrictions in Mexico with testing requirements available all around at the airport as well at the resorts. I was hoping they stay there for 2-3 days to relax then get a new PCR test. My only concern is that they will be travelling on a visitor visa and they are coming on family reunification criteria, so are the travelling requirements ( like for eg US wants you to stay for 15 days outside the banned flight list countries) same for all visa types ? Is there any source for more info apart from travel.gc.ca ?
Canada has no rules at this time like the 14 day / 3rd country US rule.

harrygill2308

Feb 4, 2019
Canada has no rules at this time like the 14 day / 3rd country US rule.

oh ok.. But according to the recent travel advisory that was released yesterday " Travellers who have previously tested positive for COVID-19 must provide proof of a positive COVID-19 molecular test conducted between 14 and 90 days prior to departure, instead of a negative COVID-19 molecular test. This proof must be obtained in a third country before the continuation of the journey to Canada. You might need to seek entry and stay in a third country for at least 14 days." posted on https://travel.gc.ca/destinations/india. The release makes it confusing by mentioning 14 days ? Are they referring to the bridge country quarantine rules like canada had up till recently ?