+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BREAKING NEWS Bill C-6 finally passed in HoC, Now reading in Senate

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HoC go to summer break one week early and will be back in September. Now Senate still have two sitting weeks left before summer break. Will see what they will do with the bill.

From today's Journals:

By unanimous consent, it was ordered, — That, notwithstanding any Standing Order or usual practice of the House, when the House adjourns today, it shall stand adjourned until Monday, September 19, 2016, provided that, for the purposes of any Standing Order, it shall be deemed to have been adjourned pursuant to Standing Order 28 and be deemed to have sat on Monday, June 20, Tuesday, June 21, Wednesday, June 22, and Thursday, June 23, 2016;
that Bill C-6, An Act to amend the Citizenship Act and to make consequential amendments to another Act, be deemed read a third time and passed on division;

Dave01

Star Member
Feb 24, 2014
Re: BREAKING NEWS Bill C-6 finally passed in HoC

canadasucks said:
HoC go to summer break one week early and will be back in September. Now Senate still have two sitting weeks left before summer break. Will see what they will do with the bill.

From today's Journals:

By unanimous consent, it was ordered, — That, notwithstanding any Standing Order or usual practice of the House, when the House adjourns today, it shall stand adjourned until Monday, September 19, 2016, provided that, for the purposes of any Standing Order, it shall be deemed to have been adjourned pursuant to Standing Order 28 and be deemed to have sat on Monday, June 20, Tuesday, June 21, Wednesday, June 22, and Thursday, June 23, 2016;
that Bill C-6, An Act to amend the Citizenship Act and to make consequential amendments to another Act, be deemed read a third time and passed on division;
Can you post the links to these news?

Thanks!

bennyameh

Dec 13, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: BREAKING NEWS Bill C-6 finally passed in HoC

Dave01 said:
Can you post the links to these news?

Thanks!
Here is the link that shows it's gone to the senate.

http://www.parl.gc.ca/LegisInfo/BillDetails.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&billId=8117654

Muby

Jun 30, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2013
Doc's Request.
14-04-2013
AOR Received.
Received with application
File Transfer...
20-02-2013
Med's Done....
15-01-2013
Interview........
10-12-2013
Passport Req..
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
VISA ISSUED...
10-12-2013 SAMEDAY
LANDED..........
08-02-2014
Wow you made my day with your big news did u think it will be done before summer break?

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Muby said:
Wow you made my day with your big news did u think it will be done before summer break?
If Senate don't have amendments, it's possible. But if they have amendments, definitely it will wait until September for HoC to consider the amendments.

Hamid khan

Champion Member
Apr 29, 2013
canadasucks said:

From today's Journals:

So 3 yrs citizenship rule will be apply soon

O great news I was waiting for that

Just quick update about me :

I am here in Canada 2013 December work permit applied PR September 2014 and granted PR December 2015

So I would be eligible for citizenship

My understanding December 2017

If I m wrong please correct me

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
Hamid khan said:

I am here in Canada 2013 December work permit applied PR September 2014 and granted PR December 2015

You are counting chickens before they have even hatched

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
From the Minister's speech this week:

news.gc.ca / web / article-en.do?nid=1086189

"...I’m hoping that bill will be through the House before we break for the summer and Senate willing through the Senate as soon as it possibly can be..."

Loulou79

Apr 11, 2012
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
https://openparliament.ca/bills/42-1/C-6/?tab=mentions

First reading in the Senate was yesterday

http://www.parl.gc.ca/LegisInfo/BillDetails.aspx?Language=E&Mode=1&Bill=C6&Parl=42&Ses=1

artin2015

Oct 4, 2015
Toronto
App. Filed.......
23 aug 2013
File Transfer...
Sep 24 2015
LANDED..........
12-12-2017
canadasucks said:
According to the Order Paper, Senate 2nd Reading will start on Tuesday, June 21.
i want make correct Bill will be reading 2nd on Monday 20 June not Tuesday at 6pm

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
the 3 yr rule won't be effective immediately; it might be effective after one year to avoid the overloaded applications that will eventually impact the processing time.
In your case, it would still help you big time.

Hamid khan said:

quasar81

Feb 27, 2014
3bdcanada said:
the 3 yr rule won't be effective immediately; it might be effective after one year to avoid the overloaded applications that will eventually impact the processing time.
In your case, it would still help you big time.
How does delaying implementation by 1yr prevent system overload? Won't system be overload after that one year ?

Just curious about thought process behind this. Thanks!

3bdcanada

Mar 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
01-Feb-2015
quasar81 said:
How does delaying implementation by 1yr prevent system overload? Won't system be overload after that one year ?

Just curious about thought process behind this. Thanks!
The government is planning to introduce some improvements to the processing times during this period. So, it's true the number of applications won't be reduced after 1 year, or whenever this would be effective, but the efficiency in processing the application should be enhanced and thus the application intake capacity will increase. One example would be the recent announcement by the Canadian government to track the exit dates of travelers. My gut's feeling this would save a lot of delays that CIC usually take to prove the residence eligibility of applicants.