+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BREAKING NEWS Bill C-6 finally passed in HoC, Now reading in Senate

tyl92

Apr 1, 2013
canadasucks said:
Please just face the reality, the bill is already dead. It's both parties interests to keep as it.

First, Conservatives definitely would not turn back their position two years ago and let it pass. But they also cannot reject the bill as it will jeopardize their reputation. So the best way is to hold it until the end of parliament session and let it naturally die.

Second, the bill is proved to be mistake and embarrassment for Liberals, they really don't have the will to push it. So letting it die naturally until the end of parliament session is also the best way for them. In the end they can say they already fulfill their election promise and try their best but it's Senate who hold it. In the past year, we all saw how hypocritical the Liberals are. Like many things they have done, C-6 is just one of shows they are running.

I don't like many policies Conservatives made in the past, but at least they are not that hypocritical, they put action where mouth is. They don't focus much on shows rather than actually doing something.
+1

itsmyid

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
canadasucks said:
Please just face the reality, the bill is already dead. It's both parties interests to keep as it.

First, Conservatives definitely would not turn back their position two years ago and let it pass. But they also cannot reject the bill as it will jeopardize their reputation. So the best way is to hold it until the end of parliament session and let it naturally die.

Second, the bill is proved to be mistake and embarrassment for Liberals, they really don't have the will to push it. So letting it die naturally until the end of parliament session is also the best way for them. In the end they can say they already fulfill their election promise and try their best but blame Senate who hold it. In the past year, we all saw how hypocritical the Liberals are. Like many things they have done, C-6 is just one of shows they are running.

I don't like many policies Conservatives made in the past, but at least they are not that hypocritical, they put action where mouth is. They don't focus much on shows rather than actually doing something.
Agree completely, just think of it as something that didn't happen and it won't bother you anymore no matter how many times they skip it

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
canadasucks said:
So letting it die naturally until the end of parliament session is also the best way for them. In the end they can say they already fulfill their election promise and try their best but blame Senate who hold it. In the past year, we all saw how hypocritical the Liberals are. Like many things they have done, C-6 is just one of shows they are running.
Disagree, the Liberals are very mistaken if they think in this way because simply, filling the vacant seats of the Senate would save this bill and any other legislation..... appointing the Senators is in the hand of the Liberals. Therefore, any failure of the bill means that the Liberals didn't do their job goodly.

ANOTHER ONE: the Liberals know very well the current composition of the Senate when they introduced their promises in their elections campaign....meanwhile, the promises have to be fulfilled in any way.... The Liberal MUST UNDERSATND THAT, the electors are not stupid M/S Liberals!!!

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itsmyid said:
Agree completely, just think of it as something that didn't happen and it won't bother you anymore no matter how many times they skip it
The problem is, such false hope brought by Liberals actually impact people's life more than C-24.

For C-24, at least it's certainty, people just need to wait one more year and they can still plan their life accordingly.

But for C-6, it's uncertainty, it brought much more uncertainty to many people's life. It would have been better that C-6 never existed.

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
canadasucks said:
The problem is, such false hope brought by Liberals actually impact people's life more than C-24.

For C-24, at least it's certainty, people just need to wait one more year and they can still plan their life accordingly.

But for C-6, it's uncertainty, it brought much more uncertainty to many people's life. It would have been better that C-6 never existed.
You, I and all who were affected by C-24 and held their nerves watching the progress of C-6, all of us, will ultimately be CDN citizens.... I'm sure, in one way or another, our votes will matter!!! Talking about myself, I believe neither CONs nor LIBs will gain my vote if C-6 didn't become a law and enforced in 2016, I'm sure many others are alike!!

subha_1962

Dec 20, 2013
spiritsoul said:
You, I and all who were affected by C-24 and held their nerves watching the progress of C-6, all of us, will ultimately be CDN citizens.... I'm sure, in one way or another, our votes will matter!!! Talking about myself, I believe neither CONs nor LIBs will gain my vote if C-6 didn't become a law and enforced in 2016, I'm sure many others are alike!!
Yes

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spiritsoul said:
Disagree, the Liberals are very mistaken if they think in this way because simply, filling the vacant seats of the Senate would save this bill and any other legislation..... appointing the Senators is in the hand of the Liberals. Therefore, any failure of the bill means that the Liberals didn't do their job goodly.

ANOTHER ONE: the Liberals know very well the current composition of the Senate when they introduced their promises in their elections campaign....meanwhile, the promises have to be fulfilled in any way.... The Liberal MUST UNDERSATND THAT, the electors are not stupid M/S Liberals!!!
Believe me, C-6 is one of least important things on government's agenda. Filling Senate vacancy is a far more complex task to do as Senate reform is still a hot topic in the public. Unless Senate make troubles to other more important bills, that currently it's not happening, also Conservatives are not that stupid to let it happen in the future, so it's no hurry to fill the vacancy. Even if the vacancy is filled, they will all be independent, so no guarantee they will all support Liberals position, specially in the case of C-6 which is actually against the public's opinions.

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
canadasucks said:
specially in the case of C-6 which is actually against the public's opinions.
Against public opinion!!!! those public who elected the Liberals on the basis of "Canadian is Canadian is Canadian" which is the core of bill C-6.

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
spiritsoul said:
Against public opinion!!!! those public who elected the Liberals on the basis of "Canadian is Canadian is Canadian" which is the core of bill C-6.
Yes, that was last year. Now the thing has changed after so many terrorist attacks happened in the past year.

Also even Liberals themselves didn't act on what they have said. They stripped citizenship without hearing far more frequently than Conservatives period in the past year even they had power to suspend it until C-6 is finalized. They also refused to restore hearing right in C-6 during Commons stage. That just proved they are even less merciful than Conservatives despite of that motto.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
spiritsoul said:
A new 4/6 rule along with adding convicted terrorism along with citizenship fraud and spying was popular with Canadians with who supported across all political parties when Harper brought the changes. I doubt that Canadians voted Trudeau on this only "single issue" of "Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian" . Harper was running against political fatigue. It has happened with Chretien and Martin. They simply wanted change.

There were other promises that brought the liberals to government that were more appealing to the general public, mainly like new child benefits, and middle class tax reduction. Repealing stripping of citizenship from terrorists wouldn't have won the Canadian's votes alone since the new citizenship law was popular among Canadians in the first place.

spiritsoul

Jan 9, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-03-2011
AOR Received.
02-05-2011
File Transfer...
02-05-2011
Med's Request
25-11-2012
Med's Done....
17-01-2013
Interview........
Nil
Passport Req..
18-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
11-03-2013
LANDED..........
16-06-2013
screech339 said:
A new 4/6 rule along with adding convicted terrorism along with citizenship fraud and spying was popular with Canadians with who supported across all political parties when Harper brought the changes. I doubt that Canadians voted Trudeau on this only "single issue" of "Canadian is a Canadian is a Canadian" . Harper was running against political fatigue. It has happened with Chretien and Martin. They simply wanted change.

There were other promises that brought the liberals to government that were more appealing to the general public, mainly like new child benefits, and middle class tax reduction. Repealing stripping of citizenship from terrorists wouldn't have won the Canadian's votes alone since the new citizenship law was popular among Canadians in the first place.
Agree... Not alone but it was one of the promises that voters knew about. it was a compilation of commitments so, it's not expected that voters will now filter these campaign promises after their winning elections!!! It's a complete package I believe.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
spiritsoul said:
Agree... Not alone but it was one of the promises that voters knew about. it was a compilation of commitments so, it's not expected that voters will now filter these campaign promises after their winning elections!!! It's a complete package I believe.
Trudeau made over 200 promises during the campaign. I doubt he will be able to meet them all. If the promises were a packaged deal, then none of the promises would be broken.

canadasucks

Star Member
Jun 17, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Trudeau made over 200 promises during the campaign. I doubt he will be able to meet them all. If the promises were a packaged deal, then none of the promises would be broken.
Time already proved he is just a showman. He has already broken many promises, such as election reform.

As for promise fulfillment, Conservatives may have much better track record. At least the promises about many immigration law reforms and cutting backlog for both PR and citizenship, they all delivered effectively.

hangincanada

Star Member
Oct 6, 2016
canadasucks said:
Time already proved he is just a showman. He has already broken many promises, such as election reform.

As for promise fulfillment, Conservatives may have much better track record. At least the promises about many immigration law reforms and cutting backlog for both PR and citizenship, they all delivered effectively.
i agree. especially disappointed at the minister of immigration, just a sophisticated politician who always says he works very hard, but failed to deliver things.