+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Break up during sponsorship, is there a solution?

parapara23

Nov 6, 2015
Hi everyone.

I am in the process of getting sponsored for a PR (the application was approved and it is in process) but the relation with my partner is not going well and we where thinking to break up.

Can I still get the PR as we applied for it and our relation is genuine or it is cancelled? Is there any way to avoid loose the PR?

Thanks!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone.

I am in the process of getting sponsored for a PR (the application was approved and it is in process) but the relation with my partner is not going well and we where thinking to break up.

Can I still get the PR as we applied for it and our relation is genuine or it is cancelled? Is there any way to avoid loose the PR?

Thanks!
If you are no longer in a relationship with your sponsor - then you no longer qualify to obtain PR through their sponsorship. If you continue with the application - this is misrepresentation (i.e. lying to obtain PR status which is classified as fraud and a crime). Obtaining PR through fraud can lead to the loss of your PR status later or even citizenship later on. So if you go ahead with your application even though your relationship has broken up, your status in Canada will never be safe. You'll always be looking over your shoulder wondering if CIC/CBSA will someday find out, come after you, revoke your status, and force you to leave Canada.

If your relationship breaks up - you need to cancel the application and qualify and apply for PR on your own.

parapara23

Nov 6, 2015
If you are no longer in a relationship with your sponsor - then you no longer qualify to obtain PR through their sponsorship. If you continue with the application - this is misrepresentation (i.e. lying to obtain PR status which is classified as fraud and a crime). Obtaining PR through fraud can lead to the loss of your PR status later or even citizenship later on. So if you go ahead with your application even though your relationship has broken up, your status in Canada will never be safe. You'll always be looking over your shoulder wondering if CIC/CBSA will someday find out, come after you, revoke your status, and force you to leave Canada.

If your relationship breaks up - you need to cancel the application and qualify and apply for PR on your own.
That's super clear.

Thank you for the info!