+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Break in two full time jobs, does experience still count?

Mahima89

Sep 15, 2020
Hello.

I am currently working full time as a home support worker (noc ). I quit from my full time Personal support worker (noc ) job in october 2022 and went to my home country for December 2022 and January 2023. I came back and joined home support worker position in same company again. I have 4 months of experience from my psw job. They are both same noc (teer 4) as far as I have researched. Does the experience still count if I am applying under in demand skills program of Ontario?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hello.

I am currently working full time as a home support worker (noc ). I quit from my full time Personal support worker (noc ) job in october 2022 and went to my home country for December 2022 and January 2023. I came back and joined home support worker position in same company again. I have 4 months of experience from my psw job. They are both same noc (teer 4) as far as I have researched. Does the experience still count if I am applying under in demand skills program of Ontario?
Already answered. See my post about the OINP stream you may be eligible for.

https://www.ontario.ca/page/oinp-employer-job-offer-demand-skills-stream

Mahima89

Sep 15, 2020
Hey,

I know which program to apply for but that not answer my question. I am wondering if my experience still counts or not. I’m not unclear about the program. But regardless, thank you for your reply

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey,

I know which program to apply for but that not answer my question. I am wondering if my experience still counts or not. I’m not unclear about the program. But regardless, thank you for your reply
I just read the work experience section. i don’t know how much you had prior to your return.

2. Work experience
You must have at least 9 months of cumulative paid full-time work experience (or the equivalent in part-time work) in Ontario, in the same in-demand occupation (same NOCcode) as your job offer.

You must have gained this work experience within the three years prior to the date you submit your application, not the date you received the invitation to apply, while legally living and working in Ontario..

Cumulative means the work you’ve done must add up to 9 months — it does not have to be 9 months of continuous work.

Full-time work experience means working in a job with at least 30 hours of paid work in a week that amounts to at least 1,200 hours of paid work over a 9-month period.

Part-time equivalent work experience means:

• working in one job for at least 15 hours of paid work in a week that amounts to at least 1,200 hours of paid work over an 18-month period
  • working in more than one job for at least 30 hours of paid work in a week for nine months that amounts to at least 1,200 hours of paid work in that 9-month period