+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BRANDON UNIVERSITY MANITOBA CURRENT AND PROSPECTIVE STUDENTS!!!!

COSMICPIRATE

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
PLZ HELP!!!! If you are a student going to Brandon university, manitoba or a student already studying there. PLZ connect here !!!!!!

COSMICPIRATE

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Finally a reply :D You do !!! Thnx goodness !!!! needed some info about the place and the university !!! As in how is the university,what are the part-time job prospects, off-campus housing, how are the people? Plz let me know !!! :D Thank you again for the reply ;D ;D ;D

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Its a small campus compared to University of Manitoba and I liked it even though I never went to school there. Small population and easy to meet new friends.

There are a few part time jobs around, but don't expect anything fancy. The part time job available should be enough to get you going i.e rent and a few bills.

One thing I really admire about the city of Brandon is the low cost of living which is really ideal for students. For example, in 2011 a friend of mine rented a one bedroom apartment for $500 a month and it was within 10 mins from campus. The same apartment within 10 mins walk from the University of Manitoba would have been $850 or more at the time.

If you choose to live close to campus, everything will be close by; grocery store, bars (houston and road house), church. The locals are absolutely friendly and really nice. I just know the incredible low tuition has attracted alot of international students of late, so not sure since if much has changed since my last visit in 2012.

Its a good town, just don't forget to study. Oh by the way, they don't have an airport so you have to take a bus ride from Winnipeg Airport (say 2hrs) to Brandon.
I wish I went to school there, it is so calm and everybody knows everybody if you know what I mean. It is kinda small and lively.

I hope i have helped you a bit. Really good place if you are thinking affordability.

I lived there for about 2.5 months and was constantly going back and forth to visit friends in the weekends.

Any more questions COSMICPIRATE? What a name by the way.

Reactions: afrotimy

COSMICPIRATE

Star Member
Oct 21, 2014
Thank you man !!! That really helped !! Specially the fact about small campus, decent part-time job, close knit society and overall affordability. ;D These information would really help me to make a sound judgement !!! Thank you again !!!!

And, "What a name by the way" to that I say "AHOY MATE!!!" 8)

Lexmark86

Nov 5, 2014
Hi! Can anyone please share if how much is the tuition fee for a 2 year diploma business course in Brandon University? Or even just a rough estimate would be helpful.

Papa Bomboy

Jan 19, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lexmark86 said:
Hi! Can anyone please share if how much is the tuition fee for a 2 year diploma business course in Brandon University? Or even just a rough estimate would be helpful.
Hi Lexmark86,
based on their science program tuition estimate for 2014-2015 session (see their tuition page for this information):

a 3-credit hours (1 course) - $ 852.12
9 -credit hours (3 courses) -$ 2356.62

However, when you take 4 courses or more you pay an addition $250 for something they call H & D. There a few other extras you pay like $5 extra for SUDS##. Not sure what all those abbreviations stand for.

Their faculty of arts courses per 3 credit hour is cheaper ($796.32) than the sciences estimate above. Its just that BU tuition page didn't indicate exactly what faculty Business administration is classified under. Hence, I went with the 2nd highest estimate.

I think you have to take 3 courses per semester to be considered full time so that should help you do the math.

Assiniboine Community College in collaboration with BU also offer a diploma in Business Administration with an opportunity to complete a Business administration degree from BU. Read about BU's '2 + 2 program'.

Keep in mind I am no expert. All the information above, i got exclusively from the BU website. I hope it helps.

Lexmark86

Nov 5, 2014
Hi papa bomboy! Wow! Thanks for the very informative details. I will try to check Assiniboine community college. I really appreciate it. :)

Shaahbaaz

Apr 27, 2018
Hi planning to Study my bachelor of Nursing in Brandon university
My profile is
10th 78% from Pakistan
12th or Intermediate 64%
IELTS 7 Bands Overall ...Listening 7.5, Speaking 7.5 , Reading 7,Writing 6
Bank Statement of 33216 CAD
What are my Visa Chances and What are part time job prospects in Brandon in 2018??
Employment opportunities after graduating from BSC NUrsing

Reactions: afrotimy