+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Boyfriend visa refused

Jess Lin

Jan 5, 2022
Hi everyone

Please help me :((. I came in Canada in May 21 with study permit. I invited my boyfriend for a temporary resident tourist visa in november 2021 while I was holding my study permit. However, his visa got refused. What should I do now :(( I already graduated and applied to my PGWP recently. I really need some help to bring my boyfriend in Canada

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone

Please help me :((. I came in Canada in May 21 with study permit. I invited my boyfriend for a temporary resident tourist visa in november 2021 while I was holding my study permit. However, his visa got refused. What should I do now :(( I already graduated and applied to my PGWP recently. I really need some help to bring my boyfriend in Canada
What were the refusal reasons?

He will need to apply for the TRV again and overcome the reasons why he was refused the first time.

Jess Lin

Jan 5, 2022
What were the refusal reasons?

He will need to apply for the TRV again and overcome the reasons why he was refused the first time.

I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
These were the reason

1.He has a good travel history that traveled around 5-6 countries for a travel purposes. He studied in Japan and worked there for one year after his graduation.
2. Purpose of his visit was to visit for me. I am the one who wrote an invitation for him to come in Canada
3. He had 14k CAD in his bank account and he requested 2 months visitor visa

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
These were the reason

1.He has a good travel history that traveled around 5-6 countries for a travel purposes. He studied in Japan and worked there for one year after his graduation.
2. Purpose of his visit was to visit for me. I am the one who wrote an invitation for him to come in Canada
3. He had 14k CAD in his bank account and he requested 2 months visitor visa
1. Other than Japan, does his travel history include countries like the USA and UK that require visas?
2. The purpose of visit refusal reason means that IRCC feels he has weak ties to his home country and have concerns he has plans to remain in Canada long term. What ties to his home country did he show? Proof of employment? Proof of property ownership? Other?
3. His funds are good but the 2 month visit was probably too long and gives the appearance that he lacks ties to his home country. I would request 3 weeks when you reapply.

Since he had a number of refusals, it may make sense to order GCMS notes to see the details behind the refusals before you reapply. Basically IRCC is concerned he wants to come here and then stay here with you. That's what you have to overcome.

Reactions: Naturgrl

Jess Lin

Jan 5, 2022
1. Other than Japan, does his travel history include countries like the USA and UK that require visas?
2. The purpose of visit refusal reason means that IRCC feels he has weak ties to his home country and have concerns he has plans to remain in Canada long term. What ties to his home country did he show? Proof of employment? Proof of property ownership? Other?
3. His funds are good but the 2 month visit was probably too long and gives the appearance that he lacks ties to his home country. I would request 3 weeks when you reapply.

Since he had a number of refusals, it may make sense to order GCMS notes to see the details behind the refusals before you reapply. Basically IRCC is concerned he wants to come here and then stay here with you. That's what you have to overcome.
Thank you so much.
1. No he traveled to:
Korea
Phillipine
Singapore
Indonesia
China
Hong Kong
Turkey other than Japan

2.He showed proof of property ownership and proof of employment

How long should we have to wait to reapply the visa

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you so much.
1. No he traveled to:
Korea
Phillipine
Singapore
Indonesia
China
Hong Kong
Turkey other than Japan

2.He showed proof of property ownership and proof of employment

How long should we have to wait to reapply the visa
He can reapply immediately if he wants to. But the better option would be to wait and order GCMS notes to find out the details behind the refusals.

Reactions: Jess Lin

Jess Lin

Jan 5, 2022
He can reapply immediately if he wants to. But the better option would be to wait and order GCMS notes to find out the details behind the refusals.
It was said that the person who are in Canada can only order GCMS notes. Can I order it on behalf of my boyfriend?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It was said that the person who are in Canada can only order GCMS notes. Can I order it on behalf of my boyfriend?
I don't know if you can order them for your boyfriend.

You can also order them from outside of Canada but you have to do this through a third-party site and usually pay around a $5 fee.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
You can do it on his behalf. (see the links below).

It's $5 if you request directly from the Government of Canada, and a lot more (I've seen it around $25-65) if you request through a third party. They will pretty much do the same thing that you can do yourself (your BF giving an entity in Canada consent) to be able to do so. It will not be any faster by requesting through a third party.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?top=1

Can I get personal information about someone else?
To get personal information belonging to someone else, you must submit their written consent authorizing you to receive their personal information. Consent may be provided by:

Last edited:

Jess Lin

Jan 5, 2022
You can do it on his behalf. (see the links below).

It's $5 if you request directly from the Government of Canada, and a lot more (I've seen it around $25-65) if you request through a third party. They will pretty much do the same thing that you can do yourself (your BF giving an entity in Canada consent) to be able to do so. It will not be any faster by requesting through a third party.

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/questions-answers-by-topic.asp?top=1

Can I get personal information about someone else?
To get personal information belonging to someone else, you must submit their written consent authorizing you to receive their personal information. Consent may be provided by:

thank you so much