+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Boyfriend tie when applying for study permit.

biquanbi96

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
Hello everyone,

My gf applied for a visitor visa to visit me for 3 weeks, a Canadian PR earlier this year and was refused on the grounds of that IRCC did not believe she would leave Canada. Though we provided all documents from her university that she had a year left back home.

She's now planning to apply for Study Permit next year, how would she address this boyfriend issue in her application?

Thank you!

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everyone,

My gf applied for a visitor visa to visit me for 3 weeks, a Canadian PR earlier this year and was refused on the grounds of that IRCC did not believe she would leave Canada. Though we provided all documents from her university that she had a year left back home.

She's now planning to apply for Study Permit next year, how would she address this boyfriend issue in her application?

Thank you!
I'm not sure I understand your question. I wouldn't place any focus at all on the boyfriend issue in the study permit application.

She should make sure the studies she plans to take in Canada make sense based on her previous education and work experience. Her planned studies must show a progression of studies. This may end up being the most important factor in getting the study permit approved.

She will want to make sure she has the funds required and will also need to make sure she declares the previous Canadian refusals in the study permit.

• Love
Reactions: biquanbi96

biquanbi96

Star Member
Aug 30, 2017
I'm not sure I understand your question. I wouldn't place any focus at all on the boyfriend issue in the study permit application.

She should make sure the studies she plans to take in Canada make sense based on her previous education and work experience. Her planned studies must show a progression of studies. This may end up being the most important factor in getting the study permit approved.

She will want to make sure she has the funds required and will also need to make sure she declares the previous Canadian refusals in the study permit.
Thank you! that makes sense. I meant she was refused her visitor visa, in that application we mentioned that she would visit me in Ottawa, Canada. She was never refused a study permit. I imagine that she will need to focus the majority of her application on the studying part, but in her application I think we will have to offer some information about me. As she will be applying to a school in Ottawa, Officer will connect the dots and may feel something fishy if we leave me out altogether.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you! that makes sense. I meant she was refused her visitor visa, in that application we mentioned that she would visit me in Ottawa, Canada. She was never refused a study permit. I imagine that she will need to focus the majority of her application on the studying part, but in her application I think we will have to offer some information about me. As she will be applying to a school in Ottawa, Officer will connect the dots and may feel something fishy if we leave me out altogether.
You want to place very little focus on the boyfriend bit. The focus of the application needs to be on showing her ties to her home country and making sure the program she selects in Canada makes sense based on her previous studies / work experience.

Again, she must declare the previous refusal in this new application.

• Love
Reactions: biquanbi96