+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP

maba

Star Member
May 21, 2014
I have applied for BOWP extension on Jan 18, 2022. They sent me this letter saying:
"Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number _______________ as proof that you
are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until May 17, 2022
or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This
extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you
will no longer be authorized to continue working."

What happens if I don't receive my WP on May 17?
Am I able to work?
Would I be out of status?
Is there anything that I should do right now to avoid being out of status or implied status?

Manav1983in

May 26, 2021
I have applied for BOWP extension on Jan 18, 2022. They sent me this letter saying:
"Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number _______________ as proof that you
are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until May 17, 2022
or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This
extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you
will no longer be authorized to continue working."

What happens if I don't receive my WP on May 17?
Am I able to work?
Would I be out of status?
Is there anything that I should do right now to avoid being out of status or implied status?
Don’t worry you can work till the decision come . Yes you will be on implied status till the decision is made if you have already work permit or open work permit

Jul 27, 2020
Hi,

Did anyone apply for BOWP in the past couple of months (precisely in August or September) and got their BOWP approved? If approved, how long it took for processing, and for how many months the permit was issued?

Another question, Can the applicant with approved BOWP travel outside Canada and come back before it expires?

Appreciate the responses.

Thank you..!