+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP

Karanlubana

Oct 30, 2021
Hello!

So I am applying for BOWP because our PR application is still in progress since May 2020.
I know that one of the BOWP requirement is to have "R10 OK" in your GCMS notes.

In my recent GCMS notes, I see this.

GROUP NAME
GROUP NAME: 1
Created Date: 2020/11/03 12:58:51
Created By: JG8607
Updated Date: 2020/11/03 12:58:54
Updated By: JG8607
Group #: 1-KS3RQ07
Name: R10

Type: PR - Temporary Processing

Does that mean I am not yet eligible for BOWP application?

Hello, did you get any updates on your BOWP?

Belle16

Nov 29, 2017
Hello everyone,

I received an email from IRCC saying that my BOWP has been approved and will expire on March 24, 2022. Address and photo still pending in PR portal since Nov 2021.

A friend of mine got hers extended for 2 years. For me is only 4 months. My passport is not an issue as it will expire by April 2028.

Is there anyway that they will extend this because IRCC is taking so long. I have not received my CoPR yet.

davidson6788

Feb 9, 2023
Hello, I am an international student and my wife holds an open work permit. Me and my wife applied for Permanent Residency and my wife is the main applicant. Her work permit will expire in 2 months. Is my wife eligible to apply for Bridge Open Work Permit or since I am still student, she has to continue to apply for open work permit as my accompanying?

Jieke9192

Jan 5, 2024
Update

I applied for BOWP on May 26 ,2021 I got approved on June 24, 2021
I'm willing to answer any question

Good Luck to all
Hi,
Sorry about the long post and I really appreciate if you would give me an answer to this issue about the BOWP!

I`m the dependent and my wife (student) is holding the PGWP, but she still doesn`t have a full time job and still working Part-time.
However, I got the ITA from the job category I currently work and submitted PR application yesterday. Since my visa is about to expire by the end of this March, I was going to apply for Bridging Open Work Permit. Because we`ve seen some posts and thought that applying for SOWP extension with my wife`s part-time is a risk.

And now I`m in the process of applying for the Bridging Open Work Permit and when I go through the IRCC questionnaire, there`s a section asking that
"Are you a spouse,.........of a person holds a work permit or is applying for a work permit"

Do you think, is it okay to put "No" here even though my wife holds a PGWP?
Because, If I put "Yes" here, I won`t be asked for the questionnaire which is related to the Bridging Open Work Permit.

Thanks in advance!