+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP

CANewbie42

Feb 27, 2021
I have submitted my PR application and have my AOR, my work permit runs out on April 11. I have done this in a new profile which does not show my current work permit. I now want to apply for a BOWP. Where do I submit the application for BOWP?

I cannot find my current work permit in my current profile, it is likely in a profile my immigration lawyer had created for me years ago. Do I need to reactivate that?
Also, it seems my employer needs to file an offer of employment in the employer portal before I can apply for the BOWP but they also cannot find the logins (same immigration lawyer has lost them), I have called Immigration Canada to get this sorted but don't get connected to an officer. I have submitted a question to the webform but have not heard back.

I am really thankful for any suggestions.

ajitmc

Feb 18, 2021
Category........
CEC
AOR Received.
19-09-2020
I have submitted my PR application and have my AOR, my work permit runs out on April 11. I have done this in a new profile which does not show my current work permit. I now want to apply for a BOWP. Where do I submit the application for BOWP?

I cannot find my current work permit in my current profile, it is likely in a profile my immigration lawyer had created for me years ago. Do I need to reactivate that?
Also, it seems my employer needs to file an offer of employment in the employer portal before I can apply for the BOWP but they also cannot find the logins (same immigration lawyer has lost them), I have called Immigration Canada to get this sorted but don't get connected to an officer. I have submitted a question to the webform but have not heard back.

I'm not sure about your scenario. Here is my scenario. Submitted paper application for work permit couple of years ago. Immigration consultant applied my PR from his profile and he sent me AOR. I applied for BOWP from my profile( newly created) and it is approved. So I don't think you need to worry about old work permit login. But confirm with IRCC or experts here.

CANewbie42

Feb 27, 2021
I'm not sure about your scenario. Here is my scenario. Submitted paper application for work permit couple of years ago. Immigration consultant applied my PR from his profile and he sent me AOR. I applied for BOWP from my profile( newly created) and it is approved. So I don't think you need to worry about old work permit login. But confirm with IRCC or experts here.
Thanks for the feedback! Just to confirm, your employer needed to submit an offer of employment in the employer portal?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020

Ok so you are confused. You can make new account on Gckey and submit application for BOWP. Your employer don’t haven’t to submit offer of employment in employer portal. It’s only for those who are applying for employer specific work permit which is closed work permit.
If you applied for permanent residency using the Express Entry system, you can apply for the BOWP as soon as you receive your Acknowledgment of Receipt (AoR) (automatically received on your EE account after submission of your application). You will need to add this letter as a supporting document for your BOWP application.

Reactions: CANewbie42

CANewbie42

Feb 27, 2021
Ok so you are confused. You can make new account on Gckey and submit application for BOWP. Your employer don’t haven’t to submit offer of employment in employer portal. It’s only for those who are applying for employer specific work permit which is closed work permit.
If you applied for permanent residency using the Express Entry system, you can apply for the BOWP as soon as you receive your Acknowledgment of Receipt (AoR) (automatically received on your EE account after submission of your application). You will need to add this letter as a supporting document for your BOWP application.
Thank you so much for the clarification! Can I also use the account on GCKey that I have applied for PR with to apply for BOWP or do I need a new account?

CANewbie42

Feb 27, 2021
Yes you can use same account. You don’t have to get new Gckey.
So I logged into my profile and go to 'Start an application' and press 'Apply to come to Canada'. Issue is, I cannot find my personal reference code. Do you know where I can locate this code?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
So I logged into my profile and go to 'Start an application' and press 'Apply to come to Canada'. Issue is, I cannot find my personal reference code. Do you know where I can locate this code?
No select
I do not have a Personal Reference Code
If you do not have a personal reference code, you may answer a series of questions to find out if you are eligible to apply for a visa and/or permit, apply for Express Entry, and begin an online application.

If you begin your application after you have logged into your account, you will not receive a personal reference code, as the system will save your document checklist right into your account.

Determine your eligibility and apply online:

Reactions: CANewbie42

CANewbie42

Feb 27, 2021
No select
I do not have a Personal Reference Code
If you do not have a personal reference code, you may answer a series of questions to find out if you are eligible to apply for a visa and/or permit, apply for Express Entry, and begin an online application.

If you begin your application after you have logged into your account, you will not receive a personal reference code, as the system will save your document checklist right into your account.

Determine your eligibility and apply online:
Thank you so much for guiding me here!!! I'm beyond grateful. So, I tried that. Pressed 'Visitor visa, study and/or work permit' and went through the questionnaire but just didn't get to the point where I can apply for BOWP. In the pull down 'How long are you planning to stay in Canada?' I chose 'Permanently', is that maybe the wrong selection?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thank you so much for guiding me here!!! I'm beyond grateful. So, I tried that. Pressed 'Visitor visa, study and/or work permit' and went through the questionnaire but just didn't get to the point where I can apply for BOWP. In the pull down 'How long are you planning to stay in Canada?' I chose 'Permanently', is that maybe the wrong selection?
Choose more than 6 months.

NoorNoha

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Hi all,
Please I need your help, I applied for Express Entry this month and I’d like to apply for BOWP because my PGWP will be expired soon .My question is Do I need to write an explanation letter ? (Because in this application I have my husband and my son)
Or just upload the confirmation letter of my express entry application!
Thank you

NoorNoha

Star Member
May 17, 2018
Hi again,
I am about to submit my application for BOWP but I see people talk about AOR which is I don't have all I have just the confirmation letter of PR application and I have to pay the Fee for Family Biometric .. At the same time I have imm5708e application has an error with DATE ?
Please share me your advice .
Thank you