+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP- When to apply?

Blairxxx

Feb 29, 2016
Hello guys,

I need help.

My PGWP is expiring on Jan 2021 and my PR application is on the process. AOR was June 9 2020 CEC Inland. I have an appointment for Biometrics on Oct 22 2020.

Do you advise me to apply for BOWP now or after I have my appointment?

Thanks

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Hello guys,

I need help.

My PGWP is expiring on Jan 2021 and my PR application is on the process. AOR was June 9 2020 CEC Inland. I have an appointment for Biometrics on Oct 22 2020.

Thanks
Anyways BOWP processing is now 6months wait until you got 1month for your PGWP expiry if your application is straight forward and no complications and if eligibility passed you can expect the PR by DEC..

Blairxxx

Feb 29, 2016
Anyways BOWP processing is now 6months wait until you got 1month for your PGWP expiry if your application is straight forward and no complications and if eligibility passed you can expect the PR by DEC..
Thanks for you reply. Am I still be allowed to work after my PGWP expires- assuming my BOWP is on process?

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Hello guys,

I need help.

Thanks
Apply within 4 months of expiry. My PGWP is expiring in Feb and I applied for BOWP last week.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html

Reactions: Blairxxx

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hello guys,

I need help.

Thanks

You could apply now. You could also wait until the day your current permit expires (not recommended, in case of computer glitches). Yes, you will be able to continue to work on "implied status," as long as you remain in Canada. If you leave Canada while your BOWP is in process, you lose implied status and will not be able to work until you land as a PR. So if you want the flexibility to travel in the new year (assuming we will be able to), you will need to have your BOWP in hand, and it would benefit you to to apply now. I realize your PR application might be approved by then, so you just have to decide whether you want the security of the BOWP or would rather wait and see...

Blairxxx

Feb 29, 2016
You could apply now. You could also wait until the day your current permit expires (not recommended, in case of computer glitches). Yes, you will be able to continue to work on "implied status," as long as you remain in Canada. If you leave Canada while your BOWP is in process, you lose implied status and will not be able to work until you land as a PR. So if you want the flexibility to travel in the new year (assuming we will be able to), you will need to have your BOWP in hand, and it would benefit you to to apply now. I realize your PR application might be approved by then, so you just have to decide whether you want the security of the BOWP or would rather wait and see...
Thank you!

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Apply within 4 months of expiry. My PGWP is expiring in Feb and I applied for BOWP last week.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/extend-permit/bridging-open-work-permit.html
Buddy dont scare ppl where did u see the requirement of atleast 4months of expiry and eligibility pass? I applied May 22 which is 2months before expiry git approved oct14th after 6months..in the worst case the applicant can apply on last day of expiry too. @Blairxxx what @jes_ON said is true its upto you if you have any travel emergency keep in mind under implied status if u leave country you can come back only as vistor but cant work..In the worst case scenario if your PR processing takes time.otherwise you dont have any travel and can wait then better apply in dec as you will get to know few updates after submission of biometrics if your eligibilty is passed already...

Blairxxx

Feb 29, 2016
Buddy dont scare ppl where did u see the requirement of atleast 4months of expiry and eligibility pass? I applied May 22 which is 2months before expiry git approved oct14th after 6months..in the worst case the applicant can apply on last day of expiry too. @Blairxxx what @jes_ON said is true its upto you if you have any travel emergency keep in mind under implied status if u leave country you can come back only as vistor but cant work..In the worst case scenario if your PR processing takes time.otherwise you dont have any travel and can wait then better apply in dec as you will get to know few updates after submission of biometrics if your eligibilty is passed already...
Do you get notified too when eligibility is passed? When is this usually happens? After biometrics is taken or before?

RAMAAA91

Mar 8, 2020
Do you get notified too when eligibility is passed? When is this usually happens? After biometrics is taken or before?
U dont see much changes in your profile only for med pass update for PR..better order GCMS to get clear idea of everything on ur file.If your lucky enough and got hold of good agent through who is so compassionate to help you out you can find the information about eligibility.Webform is not reliable 90% of the time.As you applied in June i guess you might have passed eligibility long back but rise GCMS you can google it and you will see Ircc weblink to rise it.

So if ur eligibility is passed by analyst and officer then they will move to security and will ask if any additional docs required like RCMP not in all cases.And along with it crimanality which will be passed after submitting biometrics.And then info sharing and final decision to review whole file again.This is just for the idea but if you need more clarity link Legalfalcon he is aware of the process or you can go to his threads of AOR month wise anyone and 1st post will be about stages of process and can find the info there..

assen89

Jun 30, 2017
Sorry I didn't word my response well. You can apply for BOWP if your work permit expires in 4 months or less. And when you apply for BOWP it usually gets approved after you pass eligibility based on what I have seen been posted.

Who can apply for a BOWP
To be eligible, you must:

• live in Canada (Quebec not included)
  • have a valid work permit that expires in 4 months or less
  • be the principal applicant on your permanent residence application
  • have submitted a complete application for permanent residence and passed the completeness check

Blairxxx

Feb 29, 2016
U dont see much changes in your profile only for med pass update for PR..better order GCMS to get clear idea of everything on ur file.If your lucky enough and got hold of good agent through who is so compassionate to help you out you can find the information about eligibility.Webform is not reliable 90% of the time.As you applied in June i guess you might have passed eligibility long back but rise GCMS you can google it and you will see Ircc weblink to rise it.

So if ur eligibility is passed by analyst and officer then they will move to security and will ask if any additional docs required like RCMP not in all cases.And along with it crimanality which will be passed after submitting biometrics.And then info sharing and final decision to review whole file again.This is just for the idea but if you need more clarity link Legalfalcon he is aware of the process or you can go to his threads of AOR month wise anyone and 1st post will be about stages of process and can find the info there..
Thanks for your help!