+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP when on Restoration Period

redandwhite

Oct 18, 2013
Here is a fun one....

Knowing my permit was about to expire, I applied for my CEC and also an LMO a few months in advance. My company never completed the LMO so by the time I got my application back it was a rejection therefore putting me on my restoration period. Three days later (just my luck) I recieved my AOR for the Canadian Experience Class so I sent off a restoration + BOWP application with all fees online Aug 10 and my AOR.
I called the CIC office and they said it is most likely going to get rejected as my work permit had expired when I applied, but I couldn't send off for the BOWP without an AOR and the strike hindered the whole process...
I know you can get the BOWP on implied status but has anyone had any luck receiving the BOWP after their permit had expired?

S.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

redandwhite said:
Here is a fun one....

Knowing my permit was about to expire, I applied for my CEC and also an LMO a few months in advance. My company never completed the LMO so by the time I got my application back it was a rejection therefore putting me on my restoration period. Three days later (just my luck) I recieved my AOR for the Canadian Experience Class so I sent off a restoration + BOWP application with all fees online Aug 10 and my AOR.
I called the CIC office and they said it is most likely going to get rejected as my work permit had expired when I applied, but I couldn't send off for the BOWP without an AOR and the strike hindered the whole process...
I know you can get the BOWP on implied status but has anyone had any luck receiving the BOWP after their permit had expired?

S.
As you have been told, you can expect a refusal. No valid work permit, no BOWP. By the way what are you trying to restore as? a visitor? As you said you don't have a valid LMO.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
redandwhite said:
Here is a fun one....

S.

Where did you get that information?

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
Oops. You would have had a much better chance applying before your permit expired without the AOR. The updated operational bulletin 485a which creates the BOWP now specifically says it is not available during restoration.

That said, good luck!