04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
roteaugen said:
Yeah I wish I could wait longer too but I can't. My current work permit expires Mar 12 and I definitely have to submit BOWP application this week.

I'll just go with the Francais version if the problem persists tonight. Time to learn the other official language of Canada...
I just find it quite funny that many applicants will have their whole documents in English except this one specific form, and they are all applying around the same time... I guess thats when VO's and ofcourse cic will figure out "oops we have a problem...sorry" :D

Goodluck to you all though... at least it is solved for now :)

mghicho

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
roteaugen said:
Yeah as I mentioned in the other post, the validated IMM5710F contains an extra Signature section after the barcodes but IMM5710E does not.

I'm actually very surprised because I assume IMM5710E would be used by more people, and thus may get a better chance of having its problems noticed and fixed...
So we should just go with the french one?
I was getting paraniod that there might not be as many french speaking officers as english speaking ones and using the french form might delay my application, or Is it even possible when all my other documents are in english but the form is in french?

logan_wins

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mghicho said:
I was getting paraniod that there might not be as many french speaking officers as english speaking ones and using the french form might delay my application, or Is it even possible when all my other documents are in english but the form is in french?
I have the same concern but have to apply urgently too :(

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
logan_wins said:
I have the same concern but have to apply urgently too :(
I think you are all fine... its not your fault apparently theres smt wrong with the other one and they will understand when this many applicants have this only one form in French and the rest in English....

jahmedir

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
sounds like... all English visa officers are too much occupied and french once are free . So, CIC tricked it to get the french once busy... :p

sorry . do not want to hurt anyone... I am in the same boat too... :D

jahmedir

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Helloo friends,

I need to apply for BOWP soon too. I hope, it gets fixed for all of you too shortly.

I have a quick question...
If WP will be expired in few days but I apply for BOWP few days before expiry of current WP, then can I still work under implied status after the expiry of current WP? If yes, is there any CIC reference/weblink for this.

Thanks

logan_wins

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hasankhan27 said:
Hey Guys,
Ive found this solution for a similar problem for IMM5257;

Here is the trick. I will try to be as simple as possible Smiley
1. open your application page and copy the link of the file. You can do this in many ways such as
a. Right click on the link (the name of the file) and select "copy link" from the options or
b. Open the file in a new tab and copy the link from the browser address bar
2. Launch/open your acrobat reader (that's what I used, other pdf readers may be able to do the same)
3. click on open and paste the link you copied from the browser address bar into the section named, "filename" at the lower part of the open dialogue box
4. Click on open. This may take a while depending on your internet speed. The file will be downloaded into your system.
5. Fill and validate it and save it on your system using "save as"
6. Go back and upload it. This worked for me and should work for you.
For online application, you are not required to sign on the form. You are expected to provide your signature during the submission online.
Don't hesitate to contact me again should encounter any other issues

I got this from;

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/unable-to-upload-imm5257-t199727.0.html

Read through the complete thread as it has some useful info. I will try all this a little later, as I am at work.
Hey so I tried doing this as well but it is not going through.

logan_wins

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Was anyone successful in getting through a CIC rep for this issue ? I have raised a ticket with cic for the same

roteaugen

Feb 8, 2017
That's what I already did, after finding no law or regulation that discourages submitting a document in one of Canada's official languages. And in checklist 5556 (cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5556E.pdf), it only mentions "All documents in a language other than English or French must be translated." I assume it is okay to submit a French document.

Also I seriously believe the CIC officers should generally have at least some knowledge in French. And to complete the form, you don't even need to understand the questions in full sentences since they are identical to the English ones; knowing a few keywords like "Travailleur", "Celibataire" and "Permis du travail ouvert" is enough to complete the form. Even if the CIC officer is monolingual English speaking, he should have no problem reading the form -- I mean, even I (who had almost zero knowledge of French before) can read the French form now after a few hours' study.

mghicho said:

nscola2016

Dec 3, 2016
Hi for those of you who submitted the French version successfully, did you guys complete the file IN French or English?? :-X :-X

roteaugen

Feb 8, 2017
I used English to answer all questions that need me to type in; After all, I don't know enough French to confidently word the answers in this language.

nscola2016 said:
Hi for those of you who submitted the French version successfully, did you guys complete the file IN French or English?? :-X :-X

nscola2016

Dec 3, 2016
roteaugen said:
I used English to answer all questions that need me to type in; After all, I don't know enough French to confidently word the answers in this language.
Yeah same for me:)) Merciiii! I will wait for a couple of days. If the English version still doesn't work I'll go with French.

roteaugen

Feb 8, 2017
Good luck! Hopefully CIC can get this fixed ASAP, although I really don't have much confidence on their efficiency.

nscola2016 said:
Yeah same for me:)) Merciiii! I will wait for a couple of days. If the English version still doesn't work I'll go with French.

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
roteaugen said:
Yeah I wish I could wait longer too but I can't. My current work permit expires Mar 12 and I definitely have to submit BOWP application this week.

I'll just go with the Francais version if the problem persists tonight. Time to learn the other official language of Canada...
Keep us posted. And best of luck, as I feel a lot of people will be doing the same.

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
roteaugen said:

Make sure you mention that in your Explanation Letter as to why you used the French forms.