+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - Upload issue

roteaugen

Feb 8, 2017
Yeah I've seen people having the same error messages too in earlier posts. Maybe some people had problems with their browsers and some actually downloaded the older version of the form. Either way, the problem used to only happen to very few people and have an easy fix. But this time, it seems a lot of people are experiencing it consistently. Then very likely it is IRCC's problem.

On a side note, I've experienced a problem where after I upload an optional document and go back to the list of required documents, the entry for the not-yet-loaded IMM5710E sometimes would disappear, and I'll have to log out and back in to see it again...At least that is a non-lethal problem.

Seriously, IRCC needs more testing and QA people...

Ezgi84 said:
Maybe because some of the new stuff is not working as well , like preview of scores , it says system unavailable try again later... dont know if they are related though.... however I have come across with a 2014 thread though where applicants were getting the same error message "This version of file is no longer accepted" ... but it was solved when they used Internet Explorer, however this time i guess it gives the same error no matter what is used....

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
hasankhan27 said:
Appreciate your help Ezgi.

Everyone is still working on solutions, just hope we get one soon!

has anyone been able to get through to the CIC helpline? Because I can't, they are not accepting calls due to overload of calls.
You are welcome, I hope you figure it out soon and there wont be the need of any call to cic , last time I waited like 20 minutes on the phone, and even if you get a hold of them they will probably tell you to send a technical report ... thats what I was told for some other unrelated issue, when theres technical stuff they usually dont really have much info....

Goodluck !

logan_wins

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ezgi84 said:
You are welcome, I hope you figure it out soon and there wont be the need of any call to cic , last time I waited like 20 minutes on the phone, and even if you get a hold of them they will probably tell you to send a technical report ... thats what I was told for some other unrelated issue, when theres technical stuff they usually dont really have much info....

Goodluck !
Oh yeah the wait time is bad. I have at times waited for hours so kinds sucks :(

logan_wins

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roteaugen said:
Yeah I've seen people having the same error messages too in earlier posts. Maybe some people had problems with their browsers and some actually downloaded the older version of the form. Either way, the problem used to only happen to very few people and have an easy fix. But this time, it seems a lot of people are experiencing it consistently. Then very likely it is IRCC's problem.

On a side note, I've experienced a problem where after I upload an optional document and go back to the list of required documents, the entry for the not-yet-loaded IMM5710E sometimes would disappear, and I'll have to log out and back in to see it again...At least that is a non-lethal problem.

Hey that's happening to me as well. The document tab for the form goes missing and would appear if I relogin !

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
By the way in the meantime if I were you I would send a technical report as cic may suggest this... it takes couple days for them to answer, time is valuable if your deadline is soon ....

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
roteaugen said:

I am experiencing the same, but you really don't need to log out and log back again.....

I simply click "update info" on one of the entries and then press "cancel' to go back. This makes the IMM5710 entry appear again.

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
Ezgi84 said:
By the way in the meantime if I were you I would send a technical report as cic may suggest this... it takes couple days for them to answer, time is valuable if your deadline is soon ....
Already did that....

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
Hey Guys,
Ive found this solution for a similar problem for IMM5257;

Here is the trick. I will try to be as simple as possible Smiley
1. open your application page and copy the link of the file. You can do this in many ways such as
a. Right click on the link (the name of the file) and select "copy link" from the options or
b. Open the file in a new tab and copy the link from the browser address bar
2. Launch/open your acrobat reader (that's what I used, other pdf readers may be able to do the same)
3. click on open and paste the link you copied from the browser address bar into the section named, "filename" at the lower part of the open dialogue box
4. Click on open. This may take a while depending on your internet speed. The file will be downloaded into your system.
5. Fill and validate it and save it on your system using "save as"
6. Go back and upload it. This worked for me and should work for you.
For online application, you are not required to sign on the form. You are expected to provide your signature during the submission online.
Don't hesitate to contact me again should encounter any other issues

I got this from;

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/unable-to-upload-imm5257-t199727.0.html

Read through the complete thread as it has some useful info. I will try all this a little later, as I am at work.

roteaugen

Feb 8, 2017
Hi,

I just successfully uploaded the french version of the form IMM5710F. Please see my other posts for details.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/for-those-who-cant-upload-imm5710e-for-bowp-try-the-french-version-imm5710f-t478725.0.html

Not sure if it is okay to submit a french document though...

-Matt

hasankhan27 said:
Hey Guys,
Ive found this solution for a similar problem for IMM5257;

Here is the trick. I will try to be as simple as possible Smiley
1. open your application page and copy the link of the file. You can do this in many ways such as
a. Right click on the link (the name of the file) and select "copy link" from the options or
b. Open the file in a new tab and copy the link from the browser address bar
2. Launch/open your acrobat reader (that's what I used, other pdf readers may be able to do the same)
3. click on open and paste the link you copied from the browser address bar into the section named, "filename" at the lower part of the open dialogue box
4. Click on open. This may take a while depending on your internet speed. The file will be downloaded into your system.
5. Fill and validate it and save it on your system using "save as"
6. Go back and upload it. This worked for me and should work for you.
For online application, you are not required to sign on the form. You are expected to provide your signature during the submission online.
Don't hesitate to contact me again should encounter any other issues

I got this from;

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/unable-to-upload-imm5257-t199727.0.html

Read through the complete thread as it has some useful info. I will try all this a little later, as I am at work.

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
roteaugen said:
Hi,

I just successfully uploaded the french version of the form IMM5710F. Please see my other posts for details.

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/for-those-who-cant-upload-imm5710e-for-bowp-try-the-french-version-imm5710f-t478725.0.html

-Matt

Hmm this is very interesting! I guess it will be last resort to use the french form if that english one does not work for another week....

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
roteaugen said:
Hi,

-Matt

Yup, I tried that as well and the french form IMM5710F is uploading.

This is so frustrating!

roteaugen

Feb 8, 2017
Yeah I wish I could wait longer too but I can't. My current work permit expires Mar 12 and I definitely have to submit BOWP application this week.

I'll just go with the Francais version if the problem persists tonight. Time to learn the other official language of Canada...

hasankhan27 said:
Hmm this is very interesting! I guess it will be last resort to use the french form if that english one does not work for another week....

roteaugen

Feb 8, 2017
Yeah as I mentioned in the other post, the validated IMM5710F contains an extra Signature section after the barcodes but IMM5710E does not.

I'm actually very surprised because I assume IMM5710E would be used by more people, and thus may get a better chance of having its problems noticed and fixed...

hasankhan27 said:
Yup, I tried that as well and the french form IMM5710F is uploading.

This is so frustrating!

mghicho

Star Member
Mar 8, 2017
It's happening to me as well with the IMM5710 from. I remember a few days ago I saw something about a maintenance when logging in. I can't find it now though.

jahmedir

Star Member
Nov 11, 2016
Helloo friends,

I need to apply for BOWP soon too. I hope, it gets fixed for all of you too shortly.

I have a quick question...
If WP will be expired in few days but I apply for BOWP few days before expiry of current WP, then can I still work under implied status after the expiry of current WP? If yes, is there any CIC reference/weblink for this.

Thanks