+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP - Upload issue

logan_wins

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys
I am facing an issue while applying for my BOWP online. It says the IMM5710 Form is not valid and the version is no longer accepted.
I have validated the form without a problem and (based on some old comments here on the forum), I have tried Chrome, FireFox, IE and also clearing out all caches and history. The problem still persists.
Has anyone else faced the same issue? How did it go through ?

Thanks

logan_wins

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Error: The form you have uploaded was not accepted.
Error Description: The version of the document submitted is no longer accepted
Document Name - IMM5710 Application (required)

This is what it says. I have updated my PDF version as well, but hasn't helped

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
Hey guys,
I am having the exact same issue, please please update once any of you have a solution to this. I am running out of time and need a resolution asap.

Thanks.

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
hasankhan27 said:
Hey guys,
I am having the exact same issue, please please update once any of you have a solution to this. I am running out of time and need a resolution asap.

Thanks.
just an idea; did you try a random online pdf converter? try it and see how that works... there are bunch of them when you google it....

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
thanks for the info.

What to do with a pdf converter? It is already a pdf file.

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
hasankhan27 said:
thanks for the info.

What to do with a pdf converter? It is already a pdf file.
I meant if it was a word document and if you were converting it to pdf.... hmmmphhh then I dont have any idea :(

roteaugen

Feb 8, 2017
Exactly the same issue here! My current work permit is going to expire soon so I don't know what to do...

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
I will try using some friend's computer tonight, lets see if that works.

logan_wins

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ezgi84 said:
I meant if it was a word document and if you were converting it to pdf.... hmmmphhh then I dont have any idea :(
Hey so I tried with Nitro PDF , updated Adobe PDf and is still not working

logan_wins

Star Member
Dec 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
roteaugen said:
Exactly the same issue here! My current work permit is going to expire soon so I don't know what to do...
Same situation here as well.. need to apply asap

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
logan_wins said:
Same situation here as well.. need to apply asap
Ok I did some search and I am quoting from the user, I will go silent if this doesnt work... :(

canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/error-message-on-imm5257-form-t138282.0.html

"Hope the following info helps those who try to upload IMM5257 in MyCIC while applying online for Temporary Resident Visa
Here is a message that I got in one of my several attempts to upload IMM5257. You do not get this message always and I do not know what causes this message to pop up.
"
You cannot submit an application form that has been scanned from paper
Please complete and validate an electronic application form, save it to your computer and upload it
You do not need to sign your application form by hand. You will be asked to submit a digital signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to CIC
"
That is exactly what I did. I filled the 5257 pdf that I had downloaded. I "validated" it and made the necessary corrections. After it validated successfully, I uploaded the form. After uploading all docs, when I submitted the application, in the last step it asked me to enter my name and hit the "Transmit" button.
I just received a message in MyCic that the submission was received my CIC"

roteaugen

Feb 8, 2017
Thank you for the response but I believe it does not apply to the situation here. The error message "This version of file is no longer accepted" is only triggered when we submit a correctly validated IMM5710E form. If the form is not validated, or if I just upload some random scanned document, then I'd get a different error message
-----
•Error Description: Please ensure you download the latest form from the IRCC website, complete the form using Adobe Reader, validate and upload again.
If you continue to receive this error message, you should review the FAQs in the Help Centre. If your issue is not answered there, submit your issue through the Report a Technical Issue button at the top right of the screen.
-----

So, I believe the system correctly identifies that the uploaded IMM5710E is a validated form. However, something in the form does not match the system's criteria of validity.

And I did some quick google search, and it seems that most questions regarding this error start to emerge only since today.(there were some earlier questions, but they are mostly about 5257 though). I speculate that this may be a system glitch caused by CIC's recent system upgrade/maintenance on March 7?

Ezgi84 said:
Ok I did some search and I am quoting from the user, I will go silent if this doesnt work... :(

canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/error-message-on-imm5257-form-t138282.0.html

"Hope the following info helps those who try to upload IMM5257 in MyCIC while applying online for Temporary Resident Visa
Here is a message that I got in one of my several attempts to upload IMM5257. You do not get this message always and I do not know what causes this message to pop up.
"
You cannot submit an application form that has been scanned from paper
Please complete and validate an electronic application form, save it to your computer and upload it
You do not need to sign your application form by hand. You will be asked to submit a digital signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to CIC
"
That is exactly what I did. I filled the 5257 pdf that I had downloaded. I "validated" it and made the necessary corrections. After it validated successfully, I uploaded the form. After uploading all docs, when I submitted the application, in the last step it asked me to enter my name and hit the "Transmit" button.
I just received a message in MyCic that the submission was received my CIC"

Ezgi84

Feb 9, 2017
Istanbul
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-05-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
06-03-2017
roteaugen said:
Thank you for the response but I believe it does not apply to the situation here. The error message "This version of file is no longer accepted" is only triggered when we submit a correctly validated IMM5710E form. If the form is not validated, or if I just upload some random scanned document, then I'd get a different error message
-----
•Error Description: Please ensure you download the latest form from the IRCC website, complete the form using Adobe Reader, validate and upload again.
If you continue to receive this error message, you should review the FAQs in the Help Centre. If your issue is not answered there, submit your issue through the Report a Technical Issue button at the top right of the screen.
-----

So, I believe the system correctly identifies that the uploaded IMM5710E is a validated form. However, something in the form does not match the system's criteria of validity.

And I did some quick google search, and it seems that most questions regarding this error start to emerge only since today.(there were some earlier questions, but they are mostly about 5257 though). I speculate that this may be a system glitch caused by CIC's recent system upgrade/maintenance on March 7?
Maybe because some of the new stuff is not working as well , like preview of scores , it says system unavailable try again later... dont know if they are related though.... however I have come across with a 2014 thread though where applicants were getting the same error message "This version of file is no longer accepted" ... but it was solved when they used Internet Explorer, however this time i guess it gives the same error no matter what is used....

hasankhan27

Jun 23, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
22-Dec-2017
Ezgi84 said:
Maybe because some of the new stuff is not working as well , like preview of scores , it says system unavailable try again later... dont know if they are related though.... however I have come across with a 2014 thread though where applicants were getting the same error message "This version of file is no longer accepted" ... but it was solved when they used Internet Explorer, however this time i guess it gives the same error no matter what is used....
Appreciate your help Ezgi.

Everyone is still working on solutions, just hope we get one soon!

has anyone been able to get through to the CIC helpline? Because I can't, they are not accepting calls due to overload of calls.