+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP (TRV) VS EE (CEC)

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys,
I applied for EE CEC on March 7th and my PR application still in process

Since my current closed work permit expiring on May 23rd I applied for BOWP on March 9th and Its approved last week May 7th using the EE - CEC AOR I applied ans its been approved.

Yesterday ie May 12th I applied TRV to retain my status in Canada and today CIC approved my TRV and asking for passport ..

My Question If I send my passport to get my TRV visa and after I send my passport to Ottawa if I get passport request for my PR application ....What should I do ?

lot of things going in my mind. Can you please input your ideas please

fvidania

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
I applied for BOWP on March 10th and haven't got an answer yet. How did the inform you it was approved? by email? postal mail?

Why did you apply for TRV if you they approved you BOWP?

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fvidania said:
I applied for BOWP on March 10th and haven't got an answer yet. How did the inform you it was approved? by email? postal mail?

Why did you apply for TRV if you they approved you BOWP?

I applied on March 9th and they approved May 7th .. I didnt got any notification to my personal account ... I was check MYCIC every day so one day they suddenly sent update that my BOWP is approved.

and later after 3-4 days I got BOWP printed one to my home address .

with the help of BOWP approved letter I applied TRV visa yesterday morning and they approved and as they are asking me to send the passport to ottawa.

BOWP ---- It's only work permit and with this we cant stay in Canada ..

If you want to stay legally in Canada then you need to apply TRV ..

In TRV application you need to mentioned that my BOWP approved inorder retain my stay in Canada I would like to apply TRV visa .. thats the only option left out..

Im still worrying about CEC pr application...

fvidania

Star Member
Jul 17, 2013
krishna19 said:
I applied on March 9th and they approved May 7th .. I didnt got any notification to my personal account ... I was check MYCIC every day so one day they suddenly sent update that my BOWP is approved.

and later after 3-4 days I got BOWP printed one to my home address .

with the help of BOWP approved letter I applied TRV visa yesterday morning and they approved and as they are asking me to send the passport to ottawa.

BOWP ---- It's only work permit and with this we cant stay in Canada ..

If you want to stay legally in Canada then you need to apply TRV ..

In TRV application you need to mentioned that my BOWP approved inorder retain my stay in Canada I would like to apply TRV visa .. thats the only option left out..

Im still worrying about CEC pr application...
I never heard that about TRV. If you have Work permit, like BOWP, you can stay and work in Canada. You don't have to apply for TRV too. TRV is only if you want to stay in Canada more than the time you can with your passport.

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
TRV is passport stamp which is required when you transit in and out of Canada. Otherwise work permit letter is sufficient and legal document to keep on working.

How come this type of que arises....

People in Canada and US continue working without stamping for more than a year and they apply for TRV when they intend to travel.

Still if you have a doubt complete your TRV process as it takes just 2 weeks to get your passport back once you send it to Ottawa.
And I don't think so you will get your passport request PR that fast and even if you get request they give you sometime to send your docs and Passport.

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ntwkengg said:
TRV is passport stamp which is required when you transit in and out of Canada. Otherwise work permit letter is sufficient and legal document to keep on working.

People in Canada and US continue working without stamping for more than a year and they apply for TRV when they intend to travel.

Still if you have a doubt complete your TRV process as it takes just 2 weeks to get your passport back once you send it to Ottawa.
And I don't think so you will get your passport request PR that fast and even if you get request they give you sometime to send your docs and Passport.

I think you are right ... If at all you have BOWP approval you can stay in Canada and work but if you leave Canada to enter inside you need TRV ..

on the BOWP mentioned that this document is not for re-entry...

gary.bhanot

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
NOCA2174
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Yes, TR Visa is only required for transit because Work Permit is not on your passport. I stayed almost all my post grad work permit duration on just a piece of paper. It was only until i had to make a trip back home i had to apply for TR visa and i had confirmed with the CIC folks before applying that.

krishna19

Feb 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ntwkengg said:

Sorry I missed this point Passport request for PR dont know ... I've seen people getting some results after 1 month they pass medicals ...

Im just guessing I may get some result on my pr application as its going to be 1 month after my medicals pass..

I will see this week if anything I hear regarding my PR application thats well and good or else I will send my passport next week to get TRV visa ..so that I can go in and out from the country.