+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Tracker 2020

Q2_2020_PR_Applicant

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
i think we are on the same boat . i am also waiting for the decision for my pr application . its almost 98 percent done as per the graph. they are working on my eligibility check . and for the pr application they have not started the eligibility check. how much time it will take to get the GCMS notes ? are they in detail?
If I'm not mistaken, eligibility check is the same as R10 completeness check. BOWP requires that R10 is complete. Mine shows R10 is in progress, could be the reason my BOWP is taking so long to process.

It is still a mystery to me why my INLAND CEC application submitted on May 2020 is not moving. I am starting to believe they tagged mine as FSW outland because I failed to submit police certificates at that time, then after 6 months, they asked for it. I submitted it around December 2020 and my application did not move after that.

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
If I'm not mistaken, eligibility check is the same as R10 completeness check. BOWP requires that R10 is complete. Mine shows R10 is in progress, could be the reason my BOWP is taking so long to process.

It is still a mystery to me why my INLAND CEC application submitted on May 2020 is not moving. I am starting to believe they tagged mine as FSW outland because I failed to submit police certificates at that time, then after 6 months, they asked for it. I submitted it around December 2020 and my application did not move after that.
R10 is not the same as eligibility. stop spreading misinformation. R10 is passed when UCI becomes 8-10 digit number without CAN. That's when you can apply for BOWP

Q2_2020_PR_Applicant

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
R10 is not the same as eligibility. stop spreading misinformation. R10 is passed when UCI becomes 8-10 digit number without CAN. That's when you can apply for BOWP
Dude, that's why I said "If I AM NOT MISTAKEN" right?
And I don't think your statement is correct --- "R10 is passed when UCI becomes 8-10 digit number without CAN". Stop spreading misinformation lol

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
This thread is for BOWP. What I know is everyone who applies for BOWP already have an existing UCI from their previous application.
And you can only apply for BOWP if you have an existing PR app.
When your apps is in EE pool, your UCI is CAN -XXXXX
For example I have a work permit in Canada, my UCI is 12345678,
when I'm R10 complete, my UCI is changed to 12345678. In other words the existing UCI it is linked to your EE.

Make sense now?

Q2_2020_PR_Applicant

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
When your apps is in EE pool, your UCI is CAN -XXXXX
For example I have a work permit in Canada, my UCI is 12345678,
when I'm R10 complete, my UCI is changed to 12345678. In other words the existing UCI it is linked to your EE.

Make sense now?
Not at all but all good, we have other sources of truth in this website.

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Not at all but all good, we have other sources of truth in this website.
Ok. Continue believing in passing eligibility = passing R10…
Btw bowp timeline is super long now. So don’t blame it on not passing eligibility. Although if your eligibility is marked as review required, then it needs to be reviewed before bowp is approved. But if youre 2020 cec you should’ve gotten pr by now. Weird.
Good luck

Q2_2020_PR_Applicant

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
Ok. Continue believing in passing eligibility = passing R10…
Btw bowp timeline is super long now. So don’t blame it on not passing eligibility. Although if your eligibility is marked as review required, then it needs to be reviewed before bowp is approved. But if youre 2020 cec you should’ve gotten pr by now. Weird.
Good luck
Oh I thought you are an expert on this stuff based on the 442 messages you've posted? Why do you find my 2020 CEC application weird?

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Oh I thought you are an expert on this stuff based on the 442 messages you've posted? Why do you find my 2020 CEC application weird?
I am an expert. I DIY my LMIA WP got approval, inside Canada now, DIY my OINP got approval and BOWP.

most 2020 cecs are approved way before.Per IRCC timeline and memo released in Jan, cec processing time is 7 months. Plus even if you do get stuck somewhere it should not be eligibility, unless it’s review required.

Q2_2020_PR_Applicant

Star Member
Aug 30, 2021
Okay so since you're good at this, what would be the reason why an INLAND CEC applicant from May 2020 has not received a medical passed update, a biometrics request letter and in the GCMS notes, it says criminality in progress since 2020 and everything else is not started? It does not say "review required" anywhere.

Good to know you're the expert. I'm sure you'll figure something out.

Lc4life

Aug 9, 2021
Okay so since you're good at this, what would be the reason why an INLAND CEC applicant from May 2020 has not received a medical passed update, a biometrics request letter and in the GCMS notes, it says criminality in progress since 2020 and everything else is not started? It does not say "review required" anywhere.

I don’t work in IRCC.

folks in 2020 there are some delays. If I were you I would have filed for mandamus. But since you have applied for bowp in sept 2021, you can continue working with implied status. Just wait then.

EscoBlades

Champion Member
Jul 22, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC

Because you are in an unfortunate backlog. Everything you listed is similar to what many 2020 CEC applicants endured. A lot of August 2020 applicants only JUST got their PR in the last few months. There are STILL applicants form 2019 waiting on any sort of movement. IRCC sat on lots of backlogged files. Dunno what else to tell you.

PS: R10 and Eligibility are not the same thing. R10 (completeness) happens first, and Eligibility happens later, and is a completely different stage of the process.

Reactions: Lc4life