+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP-timelines

dokala

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
Hi guys,
Please share your experience , time line and experiences..

My time line:applied on may 17th,2015

decision: not yet started :eek: :'( :'(

BalticSea

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
dokala said:
Hi guys,
Please share your experience , time line and experiences..

My time line:applied on may 17th,2015

decision: not yet started :eek: :'( :'(
Applied for closed wp with the same employer. Sent april 9th. Only yesterday got request for support letter from AINP. Gave me time till next tuesday. Hope i will get it before

Lee587

Sep 25, 2014
Hi Guys,

Just to let everyone know. You can not apply for BOWP using Nominee program. Just spoke to NSNP and she told me that I will need to apply for a close WP and they will have to give me the supporting letter to go alone with my application. She also state that those who apply for BOWP were refuse. I didn't know we need a supporting letter and have to be Closed work permit

BalticSea

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
Lee587 said:
Hi Guys,

Just to let everyone know. You can not apply for BOWP using Nominee program. Just spoke to NSNP and she told me that I will need to apply for a close WP and they will have to give me the supporting letter to go alone with my application. She also state that those who apply for BOWP were refuse. I didn't know we need a supporting letter and have to be Closed work permit
That was a big headache for me too. I was not sure which one to ask for BOWP or CLOSED. By the time I applied they were changing all rules and system was not clear enough. What I understood from my research that if your nominee certificate has restrictions on it (employer name and noc number) you have to apply for closed wp (otherwise it doesnt make sence why do you need open permit if you applied nomination under your employer name) BUT if there is no restriction ( I think its a new type of certificates are given now) so you should be eligible for BOWP.

ITs MY OPINION ONLY!!!!!!!!

Im waiting for closed wp. They asked me for support letter 2 days ago. Lets see if my theory was right

Lee587

Sep 25, 2014
BalticSea said:
That was a big headache for me too. I was not sure which one to ask for BOWP or CLOSED. By the time I applied they were changing all rules and system was not clear enough. What I understood from my research that if your nominee certificate has restrictions on it (employer name and noc number) you have to apply for closed wp (otherwise it doesnt make sence why do you need open permit if you applied nomination under your employer name) BUT if there is no restriction ( I think its a new type of certificates are given now) so you should be eligible for BOWP.

Im waiting for closed wp. They asked me for support letter 2 days ago. Lets see if my theory was right
Sounds right!! NSNP said that same thing

dokala

Star Member
Feb 28, 2015
i applied with my AOR and Medicals...heard that it taking 95 days for approval...it it true???

BalticSea

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
dokala said:
i applied with my AOR and Medicals...heard that it taking 95 days for approval...it it true???
Yes. Waiting time extended for me from 60 days to 98 :) and its online application

BalticSea

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
dokala said:
can i apply on paper again because my PGWP EXPIRING on august 19th,2015.
I would call CIC and ask it they will accept second application while first one is still in process. Me too waiting it expires today :'(

BalticSea

Star Member
Mar 10, 2015
BalticSea said:

So...updating

my theory in MY case was correct (had nomination with restrictions) Got CLOSED WP extention for the next 2 years and my spouse OPEN one :) but the best part that after couple days found COPR in mailbox :p everything came at the same time :D