+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP timeline

Am94

Aug 14, 2023
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has gotten BOWP approved recently and what was your timeline? We applied June 29th and we are still waiting to hear back. Thanks in advance!

_official

Star Member
Oct 18, 2023
You will be hearing good news soon. It usually takes 4.5 months (135 days-according to current processing times) for any decision. A friend of mine applied in early February and got it in end of July. So wait until end of November and if you don’t get any response raise a form or give a call to IRCC.

Last edited:
Reactions: Am94

Am94

Aug 14, 2023
You will be hearing good news soon. It usually takes 4.5 months (135 days-according to current processing times) for any decision. A friend of mine applied in early February and got it in end of July. So wait until end of November and if you don’t get any response raise a form or give a call to IRCC.

Thanks for your response! I am getting worried because we are over the average processing time by a bit. We are due to fly home on the 7th for Christmas but need the BOWP to do so and we are running out of time :( Hopefully we get it soon!

haliek20

Star Member
May 20, 2023
Category........
CEC
Hi,

I am wondering if anyone has gotten BOWP approved recently and what was your timeline? We applied June 29th and we are still waiting to hear back. Thanks in advance!
I applied in October 3, 2023. Until now no update for BOWP? are you implied status right now?

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
Thanks for your response! I am getting worried because we are over the average processing time by a bit. We are due to fly home on the 7th for Christmas but need the BOWP to do so and we are running out of time :( Hopefully we get it soon!
Send them a webform detailing your travel plans and attach your flight tickets. They might expedite the processing.

Reactions: Am94

Pakhi_16

Sep 29, 2023
Hello, I plan to apply for a Bridging Open Work Permit (BOWP) while in Canada. Is upfront medical proof required for the application? If so, can I use the medical document I previously submitted for my Permanent Residency -Canadian Experience Class (CEC) stream?

haliek20

Star Member
May 20, 2023
Category........
CEC
Hi,

Nothing! I applied on October 3 but till now no update