+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bowp-- restoration with visitor visa

varinder1717

Hero Member
Apr 18, 2015
341
1
Hi everyone,

So i had applied for bowp without any status thinking i wil get ita but still waiting. Its been 15 days since my work permit expired and bowp paper based takes 3 months.

I was thinking to apply restoration with visitor visa before my 3 months period is over or should i wait for my bowp to get rejected and apply for restoration??

Please help..
 

chaios_13

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
105
0
Category........
NOC Code......
6322
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
20-05-2016
IELTS Request
08-06-2016
Med's Request
04-07-2016
Med's Done....
12-07-2016
Passport Req..
02-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
varinder1717 said:
Hi everyone,

So i had applied for bowp without any status thinking i wil get ita but still waiting. Its been 15 days since my work permit expired and bowp paper based takes 3 months.

I was thinking to apply restoration with visitor visa before my 3 months period is over or should i wait for my bowp to get rejected and apply for restoration??

Please help..


i am not sure if you are allowed to appply bowp without any AOR and pr application so expect that to be rejected as incomplete once theyve got it...

now on your second question i am not sure if you have to wait for the rejection or not because we really dont know if you are in implied status right now...because what if not and your 90 days is already running...so my advise is to call them and ask if your 90 days starts when your work permit expired or after you get the rejection... obviously your just buying time and i understand that but you need to be certain about this and hope you find a new lmia...good luck?..
 

martha1901

Star Member
Jun 22, 2014
127
3
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
18-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2016
LANDED..........
20-06-2016
You're now on implied status, but once you'll have the refusal of you're application then you'll be out of status of which you have 90 days to restore that. Hopefully by then you'll have proper paperwork. Good luck.
 

chaios_13

Star Member
Feb 21, 2016
105
0
Category........
NOC Code......
6322
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-05-2016
Doc's Request.
08-06-2016
AOR Received.
20-05-2016
IELTS Request
08-06-2016
Med's Request
04-07-2016
Med's Done....
12-07-2016
Passport Req..
02-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Requirement details

90 Days

Clients who have been refused an extension to their temporary resident status, and were in status (including implied status) until the refusal, have 90 days from the date of the refusal notice to apply for a restoration, if otherwise eligible.
Clients who submit an application to renew their status after it has expired, but within the 90-day restoration period, will receive a notice from CPC Vegreville warning them to apply for restoration. Clients will have 90 days from the date their status expired to submit their restoration application and corresponding fee.
 

varinder1717

Hero Member
Apr 18, 2015
341
1
I dont understand this para.. means should i apply within 90 days from my date of expiry or should i wait for my bowp to get refused and then they will give me option to restore my status.. if they dint give me option then.. and i know the bowp application will be refused after 90 days of my work permit expiry..
chaios_13 said:
Requirement details

90 Days

Clients who have been refused an extension to their temporary resident status, and were in status (including implied status) until the refusal, have 90 days from the date of the refusal notice to apply for a restoration, if otherwise eligible.
Clients who submit an application to renew their status after it has expired, but within the 90-day restoration period, will receive a notice from CPC Vegreville warning them to apply for restoration. Clients will have 90 days from the date their status expired to submit their restoration application and corresponding fee.
 

siriusnick

Star Member
Jun 14, 2016
99
5
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
varinder1717 said:
I dont understand this para.. means should i apply within 90 days from my date of expiry or should i wait for my bowp to get refused and then they will give me option to restore my status.. if they dint give me option then.. and i know the bowp application will be refused after 90 days of my work permit expiry..
It is 90 days starting from the date of your BOWP refusal letter.

However, in your case, you applied BOWP without providing AOR, there is a slight chance your application will get a rejection due to incomplete, instead of a refusal. In that case, the 90 days start from the date of expiry on your previous valid permit. If you didn't submit AOR for your BOWP, I suggest you apply for restoration within 90 days of expiry without considering your implied status, otherwise by the time you know your BOWP is incomplete and rejected, it will be too late for a restoration.
 

varinder1717

Hero Member
Apr 18, 2015
341
1
I am planning to apply fot restoration with visitor visa. Can someone pleaseeee help me to make a letter of explanation.. wat should i write to make the officer agree that i am not having any ties in this country and that i really need the visitor visa.. i dont want to specify anything about pr or anything which rejects my file.. plzz help..

siriusnick said:
It is 90 days starting from the date of your BOWP refusal letter.

However, in your case, you applied BOWP without providing AOR, there is a slight chance your application will get a rejection due to incomplete, instead of a refusal. In that case, the 90 days start from the date of expiry on your previous valid permit. If you didn't submit AOR for your BOWP, I suggest you apply for restoration within 90 days of expiry without considering your implied status, otherwise by the time you know your BOWP is incomplete and rejected, it will be too late for a restoration.
 

Shah18

Newbie
Oct 1, 2020
3
0
Ontario
Category........
Other
Hi everyone,

So i had applied for bowp without any status thinking i wil get ita but still waiting. Its been 15 days since my work permit expired and bowp paper based takes 3 months.

I was thinking to apply restoration with visitor visa before my 3 months period is over or should i wait for my bowp to get rejected and apply for restoration??

Please help..
Hi,

Can you please share more details about your case?
1. When you applied for paper-based BOWP?
2. Did you get approval or rejection for it and when?
3. When you applied for your restoration status?

I am in the same situation and looking for a solution. Please help me by providing details.

Thank you!