+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Refused

RyanKr

Apr 19, 2023
Hi all,

I'm in the process of applying for PR through PNP, I've received my Alberta nomination certificate and this has been progressing well, i gave biometrics last eek for this application.

I had a BOWP application to bridge between my IEC visa expiring an mt PNP PR application.

This morning i received an email saying my BOWP application was refused due to me not uploading my "Confirmation if Nomination"

The application doesn't ask for this document, why would this now be an issue, i gave them my AOR which would show that i had a nomination certificate anyway.

I will be calling IRCC tomorrow, what are my options now as I am out of status due to this.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi all,

I'm in the process of applying for PR through PNP, I've received my Alberta nomination certificate and this has been progressing well, i gave biometrics last eek for this application.

I had a BOWP application to bridge between my IEC visa expiring an mt PNP PR application.

This morning i received an email saying my BOWP application was refused due to me not uploading my "Confirmation if Nomination"

The application doesn't ask for this document, why would this now be an issue, i gave them my AOR which would show that i had a nomination certificate anyway.

I will be calling IRCC tomorrow, what are my options now as I am out of status due to this.
Restoration and re apply BOWP. Calling them you will be speaking to Call Center Agent who wont change any decision already made. If you are working, you need to stop working until restoration and BOWP is Approved/ or your PR application whichever come first

Reactions: scylla

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

Agreed with the advice you've already been given above. You can also try submitting a webform to request reconsideration. The nomination needs to be included when you submit the BOWP application so it makes sense you were refused. But no harm sending the webform. Most likely it will change nothing. But no harm trying.

RyanKr

Apr 19, 2023
Agreed with the advice you've already been given above. You can also try submitting a webform to request reconsideration. The nomination needs to be included when you submit the BOWP application so it makes sense you were refused. But no harm sending the webform. Most likely it will change nothing. But no harm trying.
Thank you both for the replies, there was no section on the form asking for my nomination certificate which is why it wasn’t uploaded. I will try a web form now but I’m not expecting any good news to come from this. Hoping for a quick and painless resolution.

yuanfei

Mar 2, 2024
I got refuse for the same reason today, because not giving the nomination letter. Like you said, on the application page it didn't say they need the nomination letter.

Did your get your situation sort out by resubmitted the nomination letter?

RyanKr

Apr 19, 2023
I got refuse for the same reason today, because not giving the nomination letter. Like you said, on the application page it didn't say they need the nomination letter.

Did your get your situation sort out by resubmitted the nomination letter?
Hey man, sorry to hear you're in the same situation.

I tried for hours on the phone, sent webform submissions and requested for my application to be re-considered, they then reconsidered it with the missing document that i gave them, and still refused it on the basis that it wasn't there in the first place.

There is no area requesting that they need this document anywhere within the application at all, its ridiculous that they don't request this document when they review your application.

If you do manage to get any luck with your application please reply on here and let me know.

I think ill try again next week and see if i can get any success with them.

For now, I have submitted a new application and have have had to apply for restoration of status, it has an approx. 100 day processing time so I'm unable to work for a while too.

Best of luck, IRCC are useless and no help whatsoever, another shambolic government organization in Canada.