+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Refused

hrzafer

Jul 6, 2017
Hi everyone,

I applied for the BOWP on 12/29/2017 and it is refused today (06/02/2017). Here is the reason from the refusal letter:

After considering all the circumstances of your case, it has been determined that you are not a person whose employment will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
You have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an occupation that falls within the National Occupation Classification Skill level of 0, A or B. You may be eligible to re-apply for a work permit if you are able to provide proof that your spouse is a skilled worker in Canada, which may include a letter from your spouse’s employer, stating his/her job title, duties, and salary. If you cannot prove that your spouse is in a skilled occupation, your application for a work permit cannot be approved without a Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada.

What I understand from this is that my application wasn't even considered as a BOWP application.

What should I do now as OWP already expired on 31 December 2017? Is there any chance to fix it if they had done a mistake?

Thanks

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi everyone,

I applied for the BOWP on 12/29/2017 and it is refused today (06/02/2017). Here is the reason from the refusal letter:

After considering all the circumstances of your case, it has been determined that you are not a person whose employment will create or maintain significant employment, benefits or opportunities for Canadian citizens or permanent residents.
You have not provided sufficient evidence to prove that your spouse is employed in an occupation that falls within the National Occupation Classification Skill level of 0, A or B. You may be eligible to re-apply for a work permit if you are able to provide proof that your spouse is a skilled worker in Canada, which may include a letter from your spouse’s employer, stating his/her job title, duties, and salary. If you cannot prove that your spouse is in a skilled occupation, your application for a work permit cannot be approved without a Labour Market Impact Assessment from Employment and Social Development Canada.

What I understand from this is that my application wasn't even considered as a BOWP application.

What should I do now as OWP already expired on 31 December 2017? Is there any chance to fix it if they had done a mistake?
Are you the principal applicant or dependent on your PR application?
Did you apply under the CEC class?
On the application to extend, did you select "open work permit" as the work permit type?
Did you provide a copy of the email AOR?

hrzafer

Jul 6, 2017
Are you the principal applicant or dependent on your PR application?
yes
Did you apply under the CEC class?
yes
On the application to extend, did you select "open work permit" as the work permit type?
yes
Did you provide a copy of the email AOR?
I forgot to attach the AOR of my PR application to the letter of explanation for BOWP. But I realized my mistake and send it via a Case Specific Enquiry on the same day.

I finally could reach an agent and tell about my situation today. After checking my files, the agent was convinced that there was a mistake. She told me that she is going to send my application to the visa officer for a reconsideration. She told me that this process could take apprx. 3 weeks or maybe less.

Reactions: Yaha14 and jes_ON

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
I forgot to attach the AOR of my PR application to the letter of explanation for BOWP. But I realized my mistake and send it via a Case Specific Enquiry on the same day.

I finally could reach an agent and tell about my situation today. After checking my files, the agent was convinced that there was a mistake. She told me that she is going to send my application to the visa officer for a reconsideration. She told me that this process could take apprx. 3 weeks or maybe less.
I think the VO made a mistake - the conditions for the BOWP do not require having employment. Good luck!

hrzafer

Jul 6, 2017

Hi everyone, I want to follow up with my case. They corrected their mistake and my BOWP was issued on 02/19/2018. So, if you think there is a mistake, I recommend calling cic and requesting a reconsideration.

Dversa

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
Hi everyone, I want to follow up with my case. They corrected their mistake and my BOWP was issued on 02/19/2018. So, if you think there is a mistake, I recommend calling cic and requesting a reconsideration.
Hi, Just to confirm did you see blank updates on the same application after they sent to reconsider it or it was refused till tje end. How they notified you that decesion is reverted??

hrzafer

Jul 6, 2017
Hi, Just to confirm did you see blank updates on the same application after they sent to reconsider it or it was refused till tje end. How they notified you that decesion is reverted??
You'll get an update email when they change decision. Then when you login to the system, you'll see.

lvplvp

Sep 14, 2018

Did you send it on the same day of your refusal or the same day you applied for a BOWP? Please get back to me as soon as you can. I am in the same predicament.

lailalalai

Sep 27, 2018
Hey, so glad to see you finnaly got the BOWP. I've submitted the BOWP application, and used web form as Case Specific Inquiry to submit the pnp nomination letter - which I forgot to attach at the first time. Do you think visa officer will see the letter I submitted afterwards? Or I should call IRCC to confirm? Thanks.

Matt@123

Star Member
Sep 21, 2018
Please PM your phone number if you don’t mind.
Hi,
My work permit is about to expire in 2 weeks. But, I have filling the BOWP form. however, I do have some questions seems, I am helpless in order to complete my form. If you don't mind shall I call you for few minutes? If you are okay, please let me know your email address or number I will give you a call. Or I share my number to your email. This would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Reactions: Ajayadigopal

carefree

Star Member
Aug 15, 2013
You'll get an update email when they change decision. Then when you login to the system, you'll see.
Hi friend

I am inland BOWP applicant, Can I speak with you on phone to discuss some application filling related queries

Appreciate your response.

Thanks

gillboy12

Jul 14, 2019
hello mate, can you please tell me how long they take the decision for reconsideration ?
thanks