15-10-2013
AOR Received.
24-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014
LANDED..........
08-07-2014
Hi Guys,

I sent my BOWP application on Dec 2nd and received a refusal this morning with following explanation:
"You have not provided evidence that you have received a positive a positive eligibility decision on your PR application."

I just double checked my electronic application and confirmed that my AOR is included with the application. Looks like there is something went wrong here …….

The message was sent from Case Processing Centre Vergeville. They only mentioned their call centre 1-888-242-2100 as contact information, but unfortunately I wasn't able to get a hold of someone after multiple attempts over the past 3 hours.

Do you have any suggestion on how to contact them about this situation? (phone and email)

Thanks!!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
tr001 said:
Hi Guys,

I sent my BOWP application on Dec 2nd and received a refusal this morning with following explanation:
"You have not provided evidence that you have received a positive a positive eligibility decision on your PR application."

I just double checked my electronic application and confirmed that my AOR is included with the application. Looks like there is something went wrong here .......

The message was sent from Case Processing Centre Vergeville. They only mentioned their call centre 1-888-242-2100 as contact information, but unfortunately I wasn't able to get a hold of someone after multiple attempts over the past 3 hours.

Do you have any suggestion on how to contact them about this situation? (phone and email)

Thanks!!
That, indeed is weird! Something else is weird tho, I submitted Dec 1st and haven't heard back.
You submitted Dec 2nd, and got refused today. Someone else submitted Dec 9th and got the BOWP approved
yesterday. I have NO... absolutely NO idea in what order they process applications here.

If I was you, I would keep calling the call centre and try to get a hold of someone.

tr001

Dec 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2013
AOR Received.
24-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014
LANDED..........
08-07-2014
Thx, I'll keep calling them and keep you guys posted ….

dbss

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
tr001 said:
Thx, I'll keep calling them and keep you guys posted ....
You may contact CIC at 1-888-242-2100 or if calling from outside of Canada at 1-613-944-4000 (long distance charges may apply). To speak directly to a representative, press 1 for English, 2 for Immigration, and 0 four times.

tr001

Dec 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2013
AOR Received.
24-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014
LANDED..........
08-07-2014
I got a hold of them: They couldn't see my supporting documents (AOR) and that's why it was refused.

Was on the phone with them for an hour and even told them that I'm able to supply a screenshot of th 'MyCIC' page where it shows that these documents have been uploaded. Finally I was transferred to the IT department and after about 15min digging they could find the files. The first representative couldn't see the files and most likely the immigration officers didn't see them either when they made the decision.

Unfortunately for me, the application can't be reopened again and the easiest (and probably fastest) way is to apply again ……

Omshri

Sep 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 1, 2013
AOR Received.
November 14, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
April 6, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront, March 29, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 16, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2014
LANDED..........
August 3, 2014
Sorry to hear that.. This is very rubbish

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
tr001 said:
I got a hold of them: They couldn't see my supporting documents (AOR) and that's why it was refused.

Was on the phone with them for an hour and even told them that I'm able to supply a screenshot of th 'MyCIC' page where it shows that these documents have been uploaded. Finally I was transferred to the IT department and after about 15min digging they could find the files. The first representative couldn't see the files and most likely the immigration officers didn't see them either when they made the decision.

Unfortunately for me, the application can't be reopened again and the easiest (and probably fastest) way is to apply again ......

Sorry to hear that. Interesting that this has been a mistake on their side, and they're not able to re-open the case.
Did they say anything about the application fee at all?

tr001

Dec 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2013
AOR Received.
24-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014
LANDED..........
08-07-2014
I'm not really convinced about the situation yet, but I think it might be faster to apply again (as they said) and to send an email about my refused application. I don't like getting information from a hotline without having anything in writing.

They couldn't say anything about the application fee, but I'll put that in the email as well.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
tr001 said:
I'm not really convinced about the situation yet, but I think it might be faster to apply again (as they said) and to send an email about my refused application. I don't like getting information from a hotline without having anything in writing.

They couldn't say anything about the application fee, but I'll put that in the email as well.
Ya, that's probably a good idea. And by saying email you mean a letter of explanation? Or are you emailing CIC Vegreville?
If so, what's the email address? I haven't found one.

tr001

Dec 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2013
AOR Received.
24-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014
LANDED..........
08-07-2014
I will email question@cic.gc.ca!
They have had very good response times and directed me to the right people when I had issues with the payment for the bowp application.

Worst case I can send a letter of explanation later, it's just way easier via email.

Cheers!

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
tr001 said:
I will email question @ cic.gc.ca!
They have had very good response times and directed me to the right people when I had issues with the payment for the bowp application.

Worst case I can send a letter of explanation later, it's just way easier via email.

Cheers!
How fast did they respond to your last email? As I recall them saying ( in the automated response you get ) that it
takes about 30 days?

tr001

Dec 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2013
AOR Received.
24-11-2013
VISA ISSUED...
27-06-2014
LANDED..........
08-07-2014
they got back to me within a couple hours last time!

but in all fairness i have to say that they had an issue with their online payment system and knew about it already at that time ...... first response was after a couple hours and then another message the next day or so that it had been fixed.

i know that it will take longer this time, but i'm traveling quite a bit and prefer email.

canada.msn

Aug 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-09-2013
AOR Received.
07-Nov-2013
Hi tr001....

unfortunately, my BOWP was also refused yesterday...and I had submitted my application on 2nd dec as well :(.. havent recd the refusal letter so not sure what the refusal reason is... I called the call center to check on the reason, they did not disclose and asked to wait for the refusal letter....

Have you submitted another application already? Did you included the refusal letter in the explanation letter?

Thanks!

tr001 said:
Hi Guys,

I just double checked my electronic application and confirmed that my AOR is included with the application. Looks like there is something went wrong here .......

Thanks!!

lpc19800

Champion Member
May 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14 2013
AOR Received.
February 24 2013
Med's Request
November 13, 2013
Med's Done....
December 5, 2013
Interview........
Waived: RPRF requested: November 13, 2013
Passport Req..
Visa exempt
VISA ISSUED...
January 6, 2014
LANDED..........
January 29, 2014
canada.msn said:
Hi tr001....

unfortunately, my BOWP was also refused yesterday...and I had submitted my application on 2nd dec as well :(.. havent recd the refusal letter so not sure what the refusal reason is... I called the call center to check on the reason, they did not disclose and asked to wait for the refusal letter....

Have you submitted another application already? Did you included the refusal letter in the explanation letter?

Thanks!
Sorry to hear this.
Did you apply online? IF so you can see the letter in your mycic account and they don't sen you a paper one

mawin

Nov 27, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
OTTWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you write cover letter and index what you including in this application?
This thing will help officer to concern all documets which you wrote in the letter.