+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP/PR applications on implied status?

Rosenoir95

Jun 13, 2023
Hi all,

I have a kind of complex case im hoping someone can help with.

I submitted WP application (not under public policy) in July 2022 because my PGWP was expiring Aug 2022. I’ve called them several times and raised webforms, they don’t need any more info and they just say it’s still processing and they have not listened to my requests to cancel my application. No movement on this application yet, but I have an interim work authorization until May 2024 so I am on implied status since no decision was made on my application yet.

I received ITA in May 24 draw (CEC Inland). Will there be an issue if I submit my PR application since I also have this work permit application in process, or will they cancel the work permit application when I submit my PR application?

I will submit my PR application this week. I’ve attached letters of explanation, even showing I submitted my work permit application. Can I apply for BOWP under implied status?

Has anyone successfully received PR and/or BOWP on implied status?

um27

Jun 13, 2023
Sharing my personal experience:

I did submitted my Work permit extension application in Oct-2022 (Original WP expiry was on 01-Apr-2023). I received ITA in Jan-2023 draw and Submitted PR application in Feb-2023, while my Work application was in process.

Submitting PR application had no implication on my Work permit application. WP was processed and approved around End of Mar-2023.

My PR application was approved last week and awaiting for eCOPR/PR Card. I did not mentioned about my work permit application while submitting PR application (didn't even thought about this at that time):D

To answer your question, based on my experience submitting PR application did not lead to cancellation of work permit application. Both were processed and approved (I was never on implied status, so never thought to apply for BOWP).

I hope this will help you.

Reactions: Rosenoir95

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Submitting your PR application does not affect your pending work permit application. However, I have a few questions. So your PGWP is still pending, how in the world you have implied status for almost 2yrs? Do you currently have any active work permit? Did you submit an official cancelation request through webform?

I would suggest applying for the BOWP. At best, your current PGWP application will be cancelled once they get around to processing the cancelation request.

Rosenoir95

Jun 13, 2023

I did submitted my Work permit extension application in Oct-2022 (Original WP expiry was on 01-Apr-2023). I received ITA in Jan-2023 draw and Submitted PR application in Feb-2023, while my Work application was in process.

Submitting PR application had no implication on my Work permit application. WP was processed and approved around End of Mar-2023.

My PR application was approved last week and awaiting for eCOPR/PR Card. I did not mentioned about my work permit application while submitting PR application (didn't even thought about this at that time):D

To answer your question, based on my experience submitting PR application did not lead to cancellation of work permit application. Both were processed and approved (I was never on implied status, so never thought to apply for BOWP).

Thank you, it helps a bit. Because your work permit was still valid when you applied for PR, I don’t think it was necessary for
Submitting your PR application does not affect your pending work permit application. However, I have a few questions. So your PGWP is still pending, how in the world you have implied status for almost 2yrs? Do you currently have any active work permit? Did you submit an official cancelation request through webform?

I would suggest applying for the BOWP. At best, your current PGWP application will be cancelled once they get around to processing the cancelation request.
Hi. I got an interim work authorization letter that says I was able to work til may 2023. I requested application withdrawal so I could apply under the 2022 public policy and they never withdrew my application. So I called IRCC and was told my application can’t be withdrawn, and not to submit a new application. I will get what I originally applied for (normal work permit). Fast forward to April 2023, I got another interim work letter that allows me to work until May 2024, and says I’m eligible to apply under the 2023 public policy. I am on implied status because I submitted my work permit application before my current one expired AND I never left the country.

I think I will apply under the 2023 policy at the same time I apply for my PR and explain in a letter.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Ok so the extended your implied status by 1 year a directly told you to apply for the 2023 BOWP program. Well go ahead, that will not affect your PR application.