+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP Not Processed 176 days after Submission

LeonTi

Sep 13, 2022
My PR application was submitted in November 2021 through PNP EE and my PGWP expired in June 2022.
I submitted my Bridge open work permit on March 8th, 2022 and it has not been processed/reviewed yet. There was even no ghost update. It has been 176 days since I submitted and paid my application fee, and the estimated processing time for a work permit is 166 days which is updated on September 6th.
I called IRCC and the representative checked my case and told me everything is good, no holding condition, no document required and I should just keep waiting.
However, it has been so long and I can't renew my provincial health care because I don't have a work permit.
Does CIC still work on Bridge open work permit or not? Do they just postpone the BOWP application and let the applicants wait till a decision is made on their PR application?
Will appreciate it if anyone can share their knowledge/intel about what is going on.
(Sorry just saw this section is for US->Canada applicants and I am not from the US. I didn't find a delete post option so I may have to leave it as it is.
Still appreciate it if anyone can help.)

Thank you.

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I submitted my Bridge open work permit on March 8th, 2022 and it has not been processed/reviewed yet. There was even no ghost update. It has been 176 days since I submitted and paid my application fee, and the estimated processing time for a work permit is 166 days which is updated on September 6th.
I called IRCC and the representative checked my case and told me everything is good, no holding condition, no document required and I should just keep waiting.
However, it has been so long and I can't renew my provincial health care because I don't have a work permit.
Does CIC still work on Bridge open work permit or not? Do they just postpone the BOWP application and let the applicants wait till a decision is made on their PR application?
Will appreciate it if anyone can share their knowledge/intel about what is going on.

Thank you.
BOWPs are still being processed and approved. How have you applied for PR? Through which steam?

LeonTi

Sep 13, 2022
What stage is the PR application?
Basically, nobody has started to review my application yet. The status information is attached below:

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility
  • We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • December 9, 2021 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

PR2023

Dec 28, 2022
My PR application was submitted in November 2021 through PNP EE and my PGWP expired in June 2022.
(Sorry just saw this section is for US->Canada applicants and I am not from the US. I didn't find a delete post option so I may have to leave it as it is.
Still appreciate it if anyone can help.)

Thank you.
Have you got your BOWP?