Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-09-2019

xrypto

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018
So does this exemption means, BOWP "has" to be submitted as a paper application or either paper or e-application is fine?

Reactions: gcastrobh

gcastrobh

Jul 31, 2019
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
07-09-2019
So does this exemption means, BOWP "has" to be submitted as a paper application or either paper or e-application is fine?

"Programs exempt from the in-Canada mandatory electronic application (e-application) requirement:"

I'm understanding that: the BOPW is in the list of exemptions, so is not mandatory to apply online. What do you think?

xrypto

Star Member
Nov 6, 2018

"Programs exempt from the in-Canada mandatory electronic application (e-application) requirement:"

I'm understanding that: the BOPW is in the list of exemptions, so is not mandatory to apply online. What do you think?
Reading it over, I think like what you said now, its an option.

Reactions: gcastrobh

CanVisa1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
Hi folks,

I would appreciate your reply..!

My CEC PR application is under process and I have applied for bridging work permit since my work permit was about to expire. After applying for the bridging work permit, I received a letter from IRCC which reads 'You can keep working under the same conditions until 30th Dec 2021 or until a decision is made on the application'.

I am wondering what happens if no decision has been taken on my PR application and Bridging work permit by 30th Dec 2021? In this case would I loose my implied status?

Regards
Canvisa1

CanVisa1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
@CanVisa1 I am also in same position. Do you have any information or did you receive your COPR ?
let me know. thank you
Yes, I received my ECOPR.

If you applied for bridging work permit then there is no need to worry.

Once you apply for bridging work permit, you get a letter from IRCC which states the below.

''Please attach this letter to your present work permit Number ******** as proof that you are authorized to continue working with the same conditions (ie: employer and occupation) until DD/MM/YYY or until a decision is made on your application, whichever is first. This extended period of work is authorized as per subsection 186(u) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations. If you leave Canada before a decision is made on your application, you will no longer be authorized to continue working''

Reading this gives an impression that, if a decision on bridging work permit is not taken then it is valid only till the date mentioned above. I clarified this with IRCC and they said this is not the case and the wordings are deceptive...!!! They further clarified that, within the mentioned date on the letter, if a decision on bridging work permit is not taken then too you can carry on working as normal and your status remains as 'maintained'. Please go thru the below which clarifies this.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html#online

Regards
Canvisa1

jhkrish2123

May 2, 2020
@CanVisa1 Congratulations for getting COPR And Thanks a lot for your information.

I have a one more question. I need to travel to INDIA for emergency reasons but I don’t have a valid visa to come back and I am not sure when I will receive my COPR . Can I use this document or is there any other way that I can come back from India. Does they will issue COPR if I am in India ?

CanVisa1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2017
@CanVisa1 Congratulations for getting COPR And Thanks a lot for your information.

I have a one more question. I need to travel to INDIA for emergency reasons but I don’t have a valid visa to come back and I am not sure when I will receive my COPR . Can I use this document or is there any other way that I can come back from India. Does they will issue COPR if I am in India ?
To be honest I am not sure on this one as I haven’t been in such situation ever.

As far as I know, you need a valid visa to enter if you left Canada on a maintained status. I am not sure whether COPR would help in this case. May be other experts can comment on this.