+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOWP HELP NEEDED

sammydhillon

Jul 3, 2014
I am on my Post Graduate work permit. I got AOR for my CEC application . My PGWP is getting expired after a month and I want to apply for Bridging open work permit. My question is, in the application form, they have asked several questions, for which I am confused. Questions are:

- Question no 3: I am applying for one or more of the following: which one to choose?
- a work permit with the same employer
- a work permit with the new employer
- a temporary resident permit
- restoration of your status as a worker

-Question for Intended work in Canada: Do we need to fill in for Employers details for Question 2-7?

alwayshappy

Aug 13, 2014
If you are planning to work with the same employer then choose that, otherwise is a new employer, I highly recommend you should keep working in the same code as you applied but not mandatory but you need to be working in eligible occupations under cec, otherwise it may be rejected. I am pretty sure in the forms is a question that you have to mention will be an open work permit.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
sammydhillon said:
I am on my Post Graduate work permit. I got AOR for my CEC application . My PGWP is getting expired after a month and I want to apply for Bridging open work permit. My question is, in the application form, they have asked several questions, for which I am confused. Questions are:

- Question no 3: I am applying for one or more of the following: which one to choose?
- a work permit with the same employer
- a work permit with the new employer
- a temporary resident permit
- restoration of your status as a worker
Choose "new employer".

For an open work permit application that isn't restricted to an employer, whether you choose "new" or "same" employer does not make any meaningful difference, so just choose one.

I believe "temporary resident permit" is for those who want to apply for a new TRV at the same time, which you may or may not need.

sammydhillon said:
-Question for Intended work in Canada: Do we need to fill in for Employers details for Question 2-7?
No.

LPS

Champion Member
Aug 7, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
07-10-2013
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
26-03-2014
LANDED..........
09-04-2014
alwayshappy said:
If you are planning to work with the same employer then choose that, otherwise is a new employer, I highly recommend you should keep working in the same code as you applied but not mandatory but you need to be working in eligible occupations under cec, otherwise it may be rejected. I am pretty sure in the forms is a question that you have to mention will be an open work permit.
Not really.

The work experience requirement for CEC is based upon your work experience before you applied, not after.